• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Skied Heavenly with the groms this weekend.
Canyon chair is open.
Busy but tolerable.
Seemed like a lot of Bay Area folks relatively new to the sport & obviously very enthusiastically embracing the early season.
View attachment 183668
That was my experience the past few weeks (except for the week we were in Boston)
the cool thing is that everyone is excited to be on snow and there is a ton of joy out there.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mt. Rose from 9:30am-1pm today (just over 20k vertical feet). Met @Philpug and @Tricia for a few laps while there were here. Great conditions topt to bottom. Straight to chair every time, with the mountain getting really empty after noonish. Some more terrain opening up with snowmaking (mostly the Wizard and Galena area runs). Lakeview Express load testing was still going on today. Maybe opening tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!
:coffee:

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Are those the Faction CT 1.0? How do you like them?
They are serving their purpose well.
I made a few posts in the faction thread.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another morning session at Mt. Rose: 9:30am to Noon. We missed the bibs that the first 300 got for the opening of Lakeview Express. Partly cloudy with some occasional gusts at the summit. Snow still skiing nicely on KC.

With both Northwest & Lakeview running, no lift lines anywhere. Straight to chair every time. However since both funnel into the catwalk above KC bowl, that area was always a zoo. The new green run - Lakeside - from the top of Lakeview to Around the World was not yet open. Once that's opened up, there should be less merging in to the cat track.

Lakeview Express:
PXL_20221125_173001127.jpg

The SkiTalk selfie with @Tricia @Philpug at the summit and then a couple of laps together, including the inviting Aidia's that turned out to be smooth and shark infested. :roflmao:Had to do it once though. :ogbiggrin:

PXL_20221125_184642876.jpg

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The SkiTalk selfie with @Tricia @Philpug at the summit and then a couple of laps together, including the inviting Aidia's that turned out to be smooth and shark infested. :roflmao:Had to do it once though. :ogbiggrin:

Yeah. There's talk of renaming Aidia's to "Free Base Grind". At least until we get more snow. Sorry I missed you guys. I was entertaining :rolleyes: 16 first-timers on Show Off.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah. There's talk of renaming Aidia's to "Free Base Grind". At least until we get more snow. Sorry I missed you guys. I was entertaining :rolleyes: 16 first-timers on Show Off.
I was not aware of Aidia's reputation when I decided to follow Phil to it ....on brand new skis :roflmao:

Last edited:

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another morning session at Mt. Rose. Started off cloudy after the light early morning dusting. Clouds moved out quickly and it was a very calm day, even at the summit. Less crowds that yesterday, and with the NWE/Lakeview express both running, zero lines anywhere.

I was on Head Supershape e-Original today (170cm, 129-66-107, r12.1m). Quick edge-to-edge with the narrow waist and arcs into turns with the shovel tip:

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
There is some rising hope again for snow next week despite the recent forecast flip flops. First they were showing possibly 4 feet new at Kirkwood beginning as this holiday weekend ends. Then that was halved. Then just 2 days ago was pushed back to late mid week with just 15 inches. Then that went to just a foot. All this time the Reno NWS weather persons smarting from the earlier storm results have been noting the GFS and EC models have been rather divergent that depends on whether storms track more or less into the Great Basin versus further west. But now the EC is showing 40 inches over 6 days thru 12/5. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online