• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Notice CalTrans has finally fully opened up SR88 including Carson Spur for Kirkwood's weekend skiers and without any chain controls. SR89 and US50 ditto. Great! Upper KW, HV lift statuses show closed for wind that with new snow will keep weekenders from tracking out upper slopes. Forecast shows wind through Sunday afternoon. WU forecast shows 32 inches more of cold dry snow by Monday morning and HV at Kingsbury 13 inches. I'll commit to a plan Sunday depending on how the storm and highways play out, hoping to drive up during the day.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Picture friend sent from his place at Kirkwood. He is staying through Tuesday and thinks he will do more shoveling than skiing. If Carson Spur, which re-opened Friday at 5 PM, is still open Sunday PM or early Monday, I may join him, hoping to do more skiing than shoveling. PMUQ3534[1].JPEG

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
@oldfashoned and I had a fun day yesterday. Total body workout. I think I was done in three hours! Anything that was North Facing (he is the one who knows all the aspect, haha) like the D's was marvelous. The rest was, as antcipated by @textrovert who mentioned Andy Hay's daily report ... tricky! Crust on top of bottomless fairly heavy soft snow. Ugh! Good for you snow. I actually enjoy the challenge because in all my ski life, this is like probably the 5th time at most, that I encounter these conditions.

Anyways, the D's were amazing, the rest was a workout. Perhaps there was a reason Scott's Chute was open but empty, with people going up the chair, constantly, but making some other choice. We did drop anyways towards the end of the day, and that was about the end of the day.

1677959515996.png

The groomers were unbearable because everything was fast and not everybody was in control. But hey, we found our spot off of the ridge in the D's area - skiing is fun!

1677959609767.png

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
@oldfashoned and I had a fun day yesterday. Total body workout. I think I was done in three hours! The rest was, as antcipated by @textrovert who mentioned Andy Hay's daily report ... tricky! Crust on top of bottomless fairly heavy soft snow. Ugh! Good for you snow.

View attachment 194839
Good one. If in UT during gathering you could need this one :
1677968587655.png

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That would have been a lot more appropriate for the conditions we were actually skiing, vs the conditions we hoped we would ski :roflmao:
Have you been skiing behind me recently?? I double ejected on a traverse last weekend. And then because of the pitch and weird snow, I couldn't get my uphill ski back on for what seemed like 10 minutes.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you been skiing behind me recently?? I double ejected on a traverse last weekend. And then because of the pitch and weird snow, I couldn't get my uphill ski back on for what seemed like 10 minutes.
Confession time: Had a single ski release in deep powder a few few weeks ago. I spent a while cursing the binding and wondering why it would not click in... till I finally saw it was in already in the clicked in position. Rookie mistake. :roflmao: No witnesses so it never happened! :D

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Got out of Tahoe fine. Driving through SLT and 50 was a delight early morning. Not even a clusterfuck at Pioneer/ Skirun. Mind you was at Strawberry by 9am. Biblical deluge around Vacaville at 11am which I assume was going to slam the crest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online