• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2022-2023 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
MarkG

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just joined the 2 pass demographic for next year. Sugarbowl pass will keep me happy on heavy flow Ikon days! WOOOHOOOO.

Now to learn my way around SB!

PS, hitting the Mothership Classic tomorrow. Should be fun!

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Morning at Diamond Peak today. Very cold all morning. Intermittent snow at the summit, but everything below Diamondback stayed in the sun. At times, Crystal Ridge Express would take us from bluebird into whiteout zero visibility a couple of times.

Started the day with sunny summit though- PXL_20230326_163133928-01.jpeg

This run, "G.S." right under Snowflake Lodge, got a rare grooming a few days ago and was still pretty flat. First run of the day at 9am today-

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
Kirkwood skied great today. Groomers starter off firm with an inch or two of dust, but not icy with the temps staying low. Snow flurries in the morning and blue bird afternoon. No real crowds, road Chair 4 four times befor lunch with no wait. I’ve never seen as much snow at the mountain, especially the Wall. Best snow of the day was the Wall and Sentinel Bowl. 9A94C3F8-31B8-4BA0-A709-EE482F8EE050.jpeg

Last edited:

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone know how they will confirm reservation? QR code from online purchase scan to even enter parking lot?
They said they will release details later. My keen software project review eyes reads between the lines and interprets their update as vaporware and they haven't worked on it yet and even they don't know, and are going to figure it out over the summer.

Could work a lot of ways successfully imo, it's not like this is a rocket surgery first implementation of reserved paid parking.

Last edited:

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
Park City and Alta have a system by "Honk Parking" where it is by license plates which are scanned at some point during the day. There is no checking when you enter the lot (or anywhere to slow you down). It works well. I would expect something similar given it is already in use at other vail properties like PCMR.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Great skiing this weekend. Colder temps have kept the snow nice, and the frozen base from the last huge rainstorm kept the runs from forming big bumps. Big open faces skied the best, Headwall face being the tastiest. Unusually they groomed Tower 16 (which is often one of the first aspects to soften), which made for an interesting lap options.

saturday had huge crowds, Sunday not so much. That has been a typical pattern this year for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online