• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2022-2023 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Too bad I missed everyone at DV. Kinda cracked a rib wrestling with a friend but will be back out tomorrow.

Snapcase26

Booting up
Skier
Got depressed with another 50 degree week w/ rain here in NJ so booked flight and hotel for quick 5 day trip to utah. Will be 1st time in SLC and wanted to see what you would recommend as top 3-4 must vist resorts.

Pic is from sunday. God bless the mtn crew though. amazed that we can even ski.

Attachments

• DAC9A831-32CA-4445-A759-92FB789082E0.jpeg
    DAC9A831-32CA-4445-A759-92FB789082E0.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 21

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Good for you! I never made it out to ski this weekend. Besides traffic issues, I had some mundane personal stuff to attend to. I'd skied six or seven straight days since arriving in the west and needed to unpack and get squared away:doh:
Might get up to Snowbird today for some leftovers.
@Pumba unfortunately, DV was dropped from my Ikon base pass this year, and my pass is not upgradeable as it was a special deal/add-on to my Snowbird pass:(. I do still have Solitude and Brighton on the base pass, and all the other non-premium ikon mtns. Have fun with Mary. Believe she instructs at DV this winter.
Oh well, hope to ski with you at the gathering @Jim Kenney !

Matt Merritt

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey Snap. How accomplished a skier are you? I vividly remember my first day at Snowbird as a college freshman at the University of Utah many years ago. Throughout the fall I'd been telling my dorm mates what a fabulous skier I was from all my experience in the east. It was only my teenage pride that kept me from getting back on the tram and riding it straight back down...

Snapcase26

Booting up
Skier
Hey Snap. How accomplished a skier are you? I vividly remember my first day at Snowbird as a college freshman at the University of Utah many years ago. Throughout the fall I'd been telling my dorm mates what a fabulous skier I was from all my experience in the east. It was only my teenage pride that kept me from getting back on the tram and riding it straight back down...
More on the advanced side but not expert. Good on the alta chutes at JH, but chickened out at corbits. Other skier in group has no aversions to 5-10 drops or mandatory straight lines.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
DV doesn't suck today. Short lines (like ski on so far, even at the base), nice blower/chop.
View attachment 190884
@Tricia in the trees.
What a great day at DV! I don't think we waited for a lift all day. Ski on was the way. @Tricia, @Stephen, and I were able to hook up with @Pumba and @MaryG for a few runs after lunch. For Pumba's first day out for the season, and just coming out from NY, she killed it! Her idea of "taking it easy" was dropping in the bumps trees off Empire. I did pretty well considering this is the first "big mountain" day this year and I'm still trying to work through the lung/breathing issues I've been dealing with.

We bounced all over, from Lady Morgan to the Jordanelle gondy. Lusti CWR+ 95s were the ticket today.
20230130_172832.jpg
Photo by Tricia.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just arrived last night after a detour from Cheyenne Wyoming to go through Denver and then a 3.5 hour delay in Price Canyon due an at the summit. Settling in today and hopefully ski tomorrow.
This is why I-80 was closed and detoured you

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What a great day at DV! I don't think we waited for a lift all day. Ski on was the way. @Tricia, @Stephen, and I were able to hook up with @Pumba and @MaryG for a few runs after lunch. For Pumba's first day out for the season, and just coming out from NY, she killed it! Her idea of "taking it easy" was dropping in the bumps trees off Empire. I did pretty well considering this is the first "big mountain" day this year and I'm still trying to work through the lung/breathing issues I've been dealing with.

We bounced all over, from Lady Morgan to the Jordanelle gondy. Lusti CWR+ 95s were the ticket today.
View attachment 190949
Photo by Tricia.
More pics from Monday
Me and Andy
IMG_9368.jpeg
@Pumba
IMG_4766.jpeg

@MaryG
IMG_4777.jpeg
@Stephen
IMG_4703.jpeg

I left out the embarassing pictures :)
If anyone wants those, please let me know

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any advice on picking between Alta vs Snowbird? I was leaning Alta but I've had a few people tell me we may want to go to Snowbird instead. We're looking to ski wide open bowls, steep groomers, and avoid moguls for the most part... This is on Thursday the 9th if that matters.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier

View attachment 190949
Photo by Tricia.
Great seeing all of you and thanks for the push to explore more than chill groomers. Hope to see u guys at the gathering!

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
More pics from Monday
Me and Andy
View attachment 190970
@Pumba
View attachment 190972

@MaryG
View attachment 190973
@Stephen
View attachment 190974

I left out the embarassing pictures :)
If anyone wants those, please let me know
If this is the non-embarrassing pic of me, yikes! I do like how it looks like I’m in deep powdery snow though. That’s cool. I’ll try to work on better pic form today.

@Lorenzzo , if you are in DV today, I am in magenta pants, blue jacket, yellow helmet. I’m planning to try for the 9:30am mountain tour if they allow me to join. Otherwise, just exploring ….

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If this is the non-embarrassing pic of me, yikes! I do like how it looks like I’m in deep powdery snow though. That’s cool. I’ll try to work on better pic form today.

@Lorenzzo , if you are in DV today, I am in magenta pants, blue jacket, yellow helmet. I’m planning to try for the 9:30am mountain tour if they allow me to join. Otherwise, just exploring ….
I’ll be on the lookout and texted @Pumba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor