• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2022-2023 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
That's crazy... Snowbasin website shows

View attachment 198428
It was real, probably more by the time things opened!

I had to pull the big guns out of retirement…
A14DD14E-BFBF-4094-AE39-07BA405EE541.jpeg

I’ll be curious to hear @4sters report.
JP didn’t open till noon & we waited 3 hours for 4th chair. Probably not worth it to most but it was an amazing, unique & incredible experience for a few runs. For such deep snow it was very skiable but the untracked needed to be steep. I think l have only skied snow that deep twice since I moved to Utah 23 yrs ago. Before that would have been straight skis so it’s difficult to compare.
484AD753-C0E1-4BE9-BD73-49F661F43395.jpeg

The kooks were out again & I’ve never seen so much snow get skied out so quickly!
I’m pretty sure they tweeted that they were parked out before any lifts were even open. I did notice that Wildcat lot did open eventually. Patrol were concerned about deep snow burials & were warning & encouraging people to have a partner as they passed by doing their snow safety laps. They looked more & more tired with each lap so props to them & all the mountain ops teams.
Snowbasin passed the 500” mark with this storm.

My original plan was to go to Powder Mountain today but I thought there just wasn’t enough steep terrain for snow that deep. Turns out they didn’t get as much which was probably a good thing:huh:.

I don’t know if this is the best season ever but it is sure up there in the memorable rankings. The new wave of riders & their tic tic toe style of riding certainly diminishes the longevity of quality conditions. The frustration for this old timer is that I know how much better it could be.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, just wow! The flat areas under the other lifts would definitely suck in snow that deep!

Are we ever going to be able to bike? It’s too wet to even ride in town!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Sorry to expose my ignorance but, huh???
#’s instead of S’s

My own description for all the traversing & inconsistent tracks all over the mountain. On a powder day recently we were riding up the lift & on the 2nd or 3rd lap l remarked “it doesn’t look like a powder day, more like tic, tac toe” ;)

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For your first morning, 3/27/23 you are experiencing the legendary "country club" skiing. The slopes are open, a big overnight dump, and the access road is closed !!!
Indeed, first tracks at Snowbird Country Club’s STH. Believe me, it was light.

Come ski with us Wed, @Jim Kenney.

D3D30FB3-DC51-4777-86DA-48447AD4D7C2.jpeg

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Going to Snowbird today. Yesterday was a blast exploring Alta. Too many favorite runs of the day to pick one! Highlights were first run off of Sugarloaf and High Traverse to Watson Run.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A few more from 28 March 2023 at Snowbird, UT:

I thought I told Mrs. @Wasatchman not to feed the animals in the Snowbird Tunnel?
kim tunnel.jpg

Mrs and Mr with view of Mineral Basin
kim al mineral view 28 march.jpg

Mrs. on Regulator Johnson trail
kim regulator 28 march.jpg

Beside tram dock at summit. Good times with nice people!
kim al snowbird tram 28 march 2023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online