• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2022-2023 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Its the best powder day of my life!! We're at snowbird. I keep on meaning to post pictures, but we've been having too much fun. I will just have to do a trip report later . 20230330_120816.jpg

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ha. I sent a text to my friends earlier today and said exactly that.

Alta just got 15" in the last 24 hours--ho hum:ogbiggrin: It is really an amazing season out there.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Think I’ll sit this one out. Cue the LCC skiers who think that going to Snowbasin is going to be a better idea.
0DB92638-4843-42D3-B54A-CDF6DBE0619A.png

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone else going to be at Alta today? Might be hard with the road closed till who-knows-when. Its our last ski day for this trip. So far, the conditons out our windows here are whiteout and blizzard like. I can barely see condos across the lane.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone else going to be at Alta today? Might be hard with the road closed till who-knows-when. Its our last ski day for this trip. So far, the conditons out our windows here are whiteout and blizzard like. I can barely see condos across the lane.
Thinking about this afternoon, but will be road and weather dependent

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@bbinder
Looks like the wind should die down a but after 12. If you do come up, let's make some turns! Its interlodge right now.

Last edited:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A few more from solitude, ut, 30 March 2023:
@bbinder near the Powderhorn chair, several excellent early runs here
bob soli 30 march.jpg

Mrs @Wasatchman leading the way into Memorial Chute, deeply!
kim memorial chute 30 march.jpg

@Daniel telly in Memorial Chute
daniel memorial chute 30 march.jpg

The Memorial Chute posse, after skiing the quiet snowy hillside in background, L-R: Vince, Daniel, Mr and Mrs Wasatchman, @theNitza , BBinder, @JohnL
memorial chute 30 march soli.jpg

TheNitza slaying Here Be Dragons
parachute justin 30 march.jpg

Last edited:

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did Supreme lift open on Thursday?

With 40 inches in 36 hours (on top of a deep snowpack) and still nuking snow, I'd expect interlodge and road closure could be extensive. I wonder if 210 will even open today. Remember, there was a 15 foot deep by 300 foot wide avi that buried part of 210 last Friday.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Snowbasin parking is FULL and based on the UDOT cameras on Trappers Loop, it’s going to be a total shit show of people trying to get up there. They should really divert people in Mountain Green.

Not even sure they’ve spun any lifts yet, either.
6F8EC3DB-295C-4611-8A88-E13493B84FBE.png

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
Snowbasin parking is FULL and based on the UDOT cameras on Trappers Loop, it’s going to be a total shit show of people trying to get up there. They should really divert people in Mountain Green.

Not even sure they’ve spun any lifts yet, either.
i think you made the right choice!

LCC still locked down .

interlodge.PNG ‎- Photos.png

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
i think you made the right choice!

LCC still locked down .

View attachment 198993
A guy posted on a Snowbasin FB page that BCC was closed and should he head to Snowbasin. He was laughed at. Only 3 lifts spinning, accidents on Trappers Loop, now an accident in Old Highway that has stopped traffic in both directions. Multiple slide outs in the parking lots.

One thing you learn from living here is when to just stay home. I took one look at the snow stake this morning and radar and knew it was a good day to stay home and work.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
BCC has yet to open. Large slide came down near Laurel Pines early this morning. All vehicles below Milepost 9 were required to turn around and exit the canyon. Will remain closed until at least noon. Solitude opened the Apex and Moonbeam lifts with staff on hand at 11:35 a.m.

ss20

Enjoying this dance with gravity
Skier
A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
This week we reached "critical mass" at Alta in regards to snow depth. The Collins snow sensor can no longer measure base depth (240" is the max). Lift ops has dug out a trench for the return to Wildcat side at the top near Albion for the rope tow. The rope is dragging along the entire length of the tow and the towers cannot be raised further. Same with Snowpine and I believe Wildcat. 60% or so of the upper portion of the Collins lift needs to be dug out severely now with this storm. Not roped off, dug out. There is no more room to store parking lot snow at either base. It was fun times but now it is draining. And a HUGE tax on resources especially as hands become fewer and fewer as the season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online