• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2022-2023 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This is how I see spring ski lift operations in UT from May 13 onward, let me know if incorrect. Thanks, Jim K:

Snowbird Late Spring Lift Operating Schedule*​

• The Tram and Little Cloud chair will operate daily from 8 am -2 pm until May 14.
  • Lift operating schedule starting May 1 will be 8 am - 2 pm. Mineral Basin will be closing at 1 pm. Peruvian Express and Peruvian Tunnel will be closed Monday - Thursday and reopening for weekend operations Friday - Sunday.

• Mineral Basin and Baldy Express will be closed Monday - Thursday starting on May 7 and reopening for weekend operations Friday - Sunday.

• Woodward Mountain Park is open daily through May 7, then Friday - Sunday through at least May 14, conditions permitting.

• Weekend-only operations (Friday - Sunday and holidays) start after May 14: Aerial Tram, Little Cloud, Peruvian Express, Peruvian Tunnel, Mineral Basin & Baldy Express, 8 am - 2 pm.

• Weekend operations are scheduled through at least Monday, May 29. A final closing date will be evaluated in May.
  • Aerial Tram closing for maintenance May 30 - June 16.
  • Grand opening for the Aerial Tram rooftop balconies for scenic Tram rides on June 17.
  • The following lifts are closed for the season: Gadzoom, Gad 2, Mid-Gad, Wilbere, Baby Thunder & Chickadee.

*All lifts and terrain are subject to change based on current conditions.

-----------------------------------------------------------

BRIGHTON
until - May 29, 2023

MILLY MELTDOWN DAYS ARE HERE! Hours are unique to each location and are subject to change. Please check hours before traveling to the resort.

Lift Hours

Mon-Sun: 9:00a - 2:00p
Milly Express ONLY

-------------------------------------------------------------

SOLITUDE:

Open daily until May 21.

Limited terrain and hours starting May 8.

March 13 - May 21 (Closing Day)

Moonbeam Express, Apex Express, Link
Powderhorn II 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. daily

------------------------------------------------

SUNDANCE: the Back Mountain will open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for Mother’s Day weekend on Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14.

Last edited:

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
SUNDANCE: the Back Mountain will open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for Mother’s Day weekend on Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14.

Sundance also says that if things go well this weekend they won't rule out reopening on subsequent weekends.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
More from 13 May 2023, Snowbird, Close up of guy in yellow, pretty cool park trick, rotating and flipping while grabbing tips:
yellow grab park 13 may 2023 snowbird.jpg

his buddy in black towards right:
black park 13 may.jpg
Just missed capturing an epic glimpse of some guys heading down north chute to the right, saw it with my eyes, but missed it with the camera:
tram north chute 13 may.jpg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
14 May 2023: I did not ski today, but have it by a reliable source that due to non-frozen precip trash bags were in fashion, at least in the AM.
trash bag at snowbird 14 may 2023.jpg

By 1 PM is was nicer. We went up for the Mother's Day Brunch in Cliff Lodge.
cliff lodge 14 may mother's day brunch at aerie.jpg

Got a mini tour of the relatively new SnowPine Lodge at Alta, still plenty of snow on High Boy!
view from snowpine kathy jim 14 may.jpg

The avi damage coming down the access road is sadly impressive, perhaps moreso than ever as the snow cover melts and reveals more broken trees. I call this God's wood chipper:
God's wood chipper 14 may 2023 LCC access road.jpg 20230514_185843.jpg last photo is big cottonwood creek. Strange and loud rumbling noise coming from creek. Was told it came from boulders rolling and bouncing down under the water!

Last edited:

ss20

Enjoying this dance with gravity
Skier
A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Trying out Solitude today. Not a fan of spring glop skiing once the snow stops freezing but today is the coolest day of the week by a few degrees with afternoon clouds.

20%-60% chance of thunderstorms/rain literally everyday for at least the next week... ugh.

Great Salt Lake has already risen about as much as in 2011 with at least another 6 weeks of runoff to go.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying out Solitude today. Not a fan of spring glop skiing once the snow stops freezing but today is the coolest day of the week by a few degrees with afternoon clouds.

20%-60% chance of thunderstorms/rain literally everyday for at least the next week... ugh.

Great Salt Lake has already risen about as much as in 2011 with at least another 6 weeks of runoff to go.
17 may 2023, solitude:
Wonder if I saw you out there? I had a Redskins jersey on.
L-R: @Daniel coming in for a tele-landing, @Wasatchman surveying the Wasatch range.
3 action 17 may 2023 solitude.jpg
With @P-Ute in middle
20230517_110546.jpg

Last edited:

ss20

Skier
17 may 2023, solitude:
Wonder if I saw you out there? I had a Redskins jersey on.
L-R: @Daniel coming in for a tele-landing, @Wasatchman surveying the Wasatch range.
View attachment 203739
With @P-Ute in middle
View attachment 203740

Damn I did see the jersey. Shame as I wanted to meet some of y'all now that I'm finally "free" to ski.

I was in a turtle green light puff and later just a t shirt and earbuds. Lapped the moguls under powderhorn all day mostly. The zipperline bumps on the wide trail between the Eagle quad and the powderhorn lift base were some of the best I've ever skied in recent memory.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
I saw you all. Always try to avoid people in Jerseys ;)

I agree, I did several laps on those slushy bumps and they were a blast.

The party scene at the base was more fun at Brighton Tuesday but the skiing was better at Soli.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Darn, I had beverages to share with you guys at noon on upper porch of moonbeam :)

ss20

Skier
I couldn't believe how many people were skiing. It would be a very painful pill to swallow if no one is open past June 1. Certainly demand exists. Anyone hear more about rumors that Snowbird isn't planning on going long?

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
I couldn't believe how many people were skiing. It would be a very painful pill to swallow if no one is open past June 1. Certainly demand exists. Anyone hear more about rumors that Snowbird isn't planning on going long?
this announcement makes it sound like the end is Memorial day . but i certainly hope not

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
this announcement makes it sound like the end is Memorial day . but i certainly hope not
I got the impression from a patrol man last week that snowbird would close entirely may 30 to June 15, then reopen for weekends until July 4, I'll try to verify when I'm up there this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor