• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Atomic Maven 93 C

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: The minute I started skiing on the Maven, she and I got along really well. Maven is not a carving ski, neither is she a powder ski, but she does both of those things pretty darn well. Where I enjoyed skiing this ski most was in the large moguls and trees at Mt Rose. I kept thinking, This all-new ski from Atomic seemed somewhat familiar to me, even though it is very different -- what is it? Then it hit me.
If the Vantage and the Backland had a love child, it would be the Maven. I really feel as though Atomic has taken the best of the two skis and made an incredibly fun ski that covers the whole mountain.

Insider tip: If you liked the Backland, you'll love the Maven.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Someone seeking a daily driver that has an adventurous side.
Who is it not for?
Corduroy lovers ... there is the 86 C for you.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
  4. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
156, 164, 172
Dimensions
127.5-94-111.5
Radius
17.9m@172cm
Rocker profile
  1. Zero camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Construction
  2. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: On the day after the day after a huge storm system in the Sierra, when a girl wants a ski that is a little wider than a daily driver yet not as wide as a powder ski the Maven served me well. She played in the bumps and trees. Slayed the few leftover stashes of powder and cut through crud and asked "Is that all you got?" When comparing notes with @Lauren we both concurred that the Maven has a huge sweet spot that makes it a great choice for someone who is on the timid side, yet it stands up to conditions that demand a charger.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Long term update: The Maven 93 has a huge sweet spot, and was super forgiving in chopped up, fresh snow. It also managed to ski soft groomers with ease. This is one of those skis that seemed do everything well, performing in every situation I put it in. If you enjoy a ski that fights back a bit, and requires work, this is not the ski for you. It was easy and intuitive in every way.

This is the perfect ski to bring out the day after the storm. You might be skiing knee deep leftovers or you might get to the hill and find out they groomed the entire mountain. Whichever it is, I would not be disappointed to have this ski on my feet. The Maven 93 is torsionally stiff and supportive while remaining forgiving longitudinally. The forgiving nature allowed me to move through bumped up terrain quicker than I normally would. They pivoted easily around bumps, and carved through chopped up terrain intuitively. What surprised me most about this ski is how well they floated, despite being only 93 mm underfoot.

This is a ski that I could grab and have fun on in any terrain, any condition, east or west coast.

Sponsor