• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Atomic Maverick 95Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Are you allowed to say publicly that you have a favorite kid? Well, after a few cocktails, it might slip out that one of the kids might just not be all there in certain situations. Since The new Atomic Mavericks are not my kids, I can say I do have a favorite and that would be the 95Ti. Not that there is anything wrong with the 88Ti and 100Ti, but the 95Ti does all it's homework, is polite and never talks back. It is also pretty darn good athlete and I am sure it will make someone a great spouse...maybe the second time around at least.

Oh, how is it as a ski? The 95 Ti was a surprise for me; I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did. I found these all-new Atomics to be playful in a multitude of conditions and terrain, from groomers to off-piste cut-up bumps covered in 4 in. of powder. The Backland-inspired tip, as light as it is, didn’t feel like it was getting deflected at all. I like the overall shape of this new offering from Atomic. The Maverick 95 Ti is part of our long-term test fleet, so expect updates.

Insider tip: Don’t let the lightweight extremities scare you: the new Maverick is no Goose.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Those looking for a mid-90s ski that is slightly on the finesse side of the scale.
Who is it not for?
Those who liked the heavy disconnected feel of the old Vantage 97Ti.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
  5. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
164, 172, 180, 188
Dimensions
129-94.5-113
Radius
19.3m@180cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Construction
  2. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. All new
Ski Weight:
1800g
Binding options
  1. Flat
Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
07A0B2AC-454D-40B8-ACC6-63BFA2A3BF23.JPG
Long term update: Atomic has accomplished the difficult task of making a ski that has power when its needed but finesse when you want it. I started opening day at Mt. Rose on the Fischer The Curv GT and like a strong receiver the Maverick 95Ti came in to close the game out. The conditions at Mt. Rose got choppy and bumps started building and the legs started feeling opening day jitters so the Maverick 95Ti came in and closed out game.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Long term update: The Maverick 95ti is a bit of a dichotomy for me. While it checks a lot of boxes, it doesn’t excite me; however, it would be a go to for comfort because it does so many things well. This ski for me was very forgiving but was there for what I asked it to do. Think practical. I often think about how a ski would fit in my life and if I was looking for a one ski quiver, this might be it. I think the graphics are quite nice and the ski looks beautiful flat but like many skis you’ll need a binding which ends up covering a good bit of the graphic. The 95ti was nice in the firm bumps and held its own on the hard pack groomers but where it excelled for me the most was in the spring condition bumps where it was just a downright joy.
  • Who is it for: someone looking for a ski with exceptional versatility
    IMG_9402.jpg

Last edited:

brian avery

Skiing - Let's Do This!
Skier
View attachment 150922 Long term update: Atomic has accomplished the difficult task of making a ski that has power when its needed but finesse when you want it. I started opening day at Mt. Rose on the Fischer The Curv GT and like a strong receiver the Maverick 95Ti came in to close the game out. The conditions at Mt. Rose got choppy and bumps started building and the legs started feeling opening day jitters so the Maverick 95Ti came in and closed out game.
Any thoughts on how this performs compared to Head Kore 93/99 in terms of stability, specifically on groomed/soft groomed?

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Any thoughts on how this performs compared to Head Kore 93/99 in terms of stability, specifically on groomed/soft groomed?
The Maverick has a burlier feeling than the Kore 93 for sure. I feel like the Kore 99 is closer but both of the Kores are more playful and bright skis. If I was wanting something to be more playful on, I’d go with the Kores. A bit more all mountain and hard charging I’d go with the Maverick. When it comes to soft groomed, both are decent but hard pack, refrozen groomers I’d prefer neither. If I had to choose, the Maverick would take a slight lead for me.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I got on this ski for about two hours at the Aspen gathering, when the airline still had my ski bag. It was my first day and I was acclimating and re-acquainting myself with 3D snow - something which had been notably lacking in New England and during my earlier trip to Taos. The point is that I wasn't really on my A game, so take that into account here.

Me: 140+ 5' 7" 59yo amateur race background
Ski: 2022 Atomic Maverick 95 Ti @ 172cm

On groomers this ski was definitely above average for a 95mm ski, but still not what I would call remarkable in arced turns. I notice that Blister and others call it out as being great in that context. :huh: For comparison, I would take my 96mm Ripstick Blacks over this ski in a heartbeat on the corduroy. YMMV, obviously.

I was skiing a couple days after a big storm, picking up some modest leftovers. This was the focus of most of my runs on the ski during my morning at Snowmass. Predominantly it was shallow chopped up dry chalky snow over bumps of varying size and pitch.

For me the ski was a little too edgy for these conditions, with a very quick rebound that was not doing me any favors. The early rise design intended to facilitate turns in 3D snow seemed overwhelmed by the torsional stiffness and aggressive hook-up of both shovel and tail. Just not a good match with my personal preferences and style.

Sponsor