• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored 2022 Black Crows Mirus Cor Ski Review... the weirdest ski you want to own.

https://www.skiessentials.com/

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sort of like the Line Blade but narrower?

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Sort of like the Line Blade but narrower?

I think the Blade is probably the closest comparison to this ski, but the Blade leans more towards the carving end of the spectrum, while the Mirus Cor feels more playful and more on the freestyle side of things. Both are really interesting skis, however, and I think could be a bit of a window into the future. Surely things will evolve from here, but I do think there's a place for short radius skis like this.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
I think the Blade is probably the closest comparison to this ski, but the Blade leans more towards the carving end of the spectrum, while the Mirus Cor feels more playful and more on the freestyle side of things. Both are really interesting skis, however, and I think could be a bit of a window into the future. Surely things will evolve from here, but I do think there's a place for short radius skis like this.
I find it very interesting that we now have two models in this sort of sub-sector; I bought my Blades in part off the back of your review, and as someone who's not interested in the freestyle I'm pretty sure that's still where I would have invested my money (I love them even on the rubbish indoor crud here in the UK), but this is starting to look like the start of a new market segment

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
I had the opportunity to try this ski. My impressions are:

The ski has almost no camber, even though they call it a cambered ski. It's very smeary pivoty.
It has tenacious grip, although I need to point out I was on a brand new ski with a perfect edge.
Yes it carves, and yes it is 87 underfoot, but to me it skied fatter on firmish snow. The wide tails and tips are so torsionally rigid, you roll up on the 134 tips and the ski feels fat. When you do roll it up, you're turning, there is no room for an argument.
I read where some questioned stability at speed. I wouldn't get this ski for speed. I'd get it for bumps or getting to the bumps. Sure, a little freshie day or some fun carving here or there, but why would you want to go zoomin fast on a bump ski with a slalom radius? If you're that fast in the bumps get some Faction Moguls.
It was a little ..how shall I say... early grabby. The tips start to grab hold before the ski grips underfoot. Grip is grip, but this feels different.
Not sure its a bad thing, but its there.
Because it is such a beast tortionally, it bites with gusto into the shoulder of a mogul. Noticeably different response there. I think you could learn to use that to your advantage.

I'll take this ski out again.

Who it's for: Better skiers that want a 2 trick pony. Apparently it has some park potential, but that's not me.
Who it's not for: 1 ski quiver skiers. It just isn't that versatile.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January