• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Blizzard Brahma 82

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Thin is in, and Blizzard is aware of the trend by offering a narrower Brahma (and Black Pearl) in an 82mm width. Sure you say, Phil, didn’t Blizzard offer the 78mm Latigo and Cheyenne (later to be called Black Pearl 78)? Well, yes, but even though the Latigo had a following here, Google search was not its friend; just try to search it and see how many times "Latino" comes up. Blizzard did not do its homework.

Enough history, the new Brahma 82 definitely has a good hard-snow feel and will match up well against this category's reference ski, the Head Monster 83. The Brahma 82 skis surprisingly long: where I would normally ski the 88 in a 180, I preferred the 82 in the shorter 173 for its intended purpose as a hard-snow ski.

Insider tip: For 2022 Blizzard added the TrueBlend construction which scales the dimensions and construction to create a similar skiing experience no matter what size you are on.​

Awards
Who is it for?
This is a strong ski and skis powerfully, so it needs a qualified driver; those who have binding loyalties and do not want a system binding.
Who is it not for?
Those who thought the Latigo was the bull’s balls; this is a different animal.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
166, 173, 180, 187
Dimensions
121-82-105
Radius
17m@173cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Construction
  2. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat

Asnis

Booting up
Skier
What makes this a different animal than the Latigo? Have the Latigos and love them, but may need a replacement

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What makes this a different animal than the Latigo? Have the Latigos and love them, but may need a replacement
Latigo was an awesome ski, one of my favorites. The Brahma 82 is well 82 underfoot where the Latigo was 78 but really it is the construction, shape and feel that differentiate the two skis. The only think in common is that both are Blizzards. Switcng to the Brahma you will get a ski that is a lot mroe powerful and better in firm conditions and hardback but not as good in the bumps.

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I picked up 82sps. I read what I could online about the differences, however it felt incomplete. Do you have any thoughts on the differences between the SP and non-SP?

I know there was a good post in 2020 and SE posted a write up in 2017 - but wondering if there are any additional/new things to understand?

Thanks

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
The SP is similar to the old bushwacker, I really like my Bushwacker for softer days here in the east coast. They get nervous and chatter on harder front side skiing.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
This is a great ski. Picked up a pair when they first came out and have loved it ever since. Strong, stable, quick edge to edge, versatile and fun. I pair it with my Kastle BMX 105HP for a really good 2 ski quiver. These 2 skis had me sell my beloved Bonafides as I found I was not skiing them very often anymore.

brian avery

Skiing - Let's Do This!
Skier
This is a great ski. Picked up a pair when they first came out and have loved it ever since. Strong, stable, quick edge to edge, versatile and fun. I pair it with my Kastle BMX 105HP for a really good 2 ski quiver. These 2 skis had me sell my beloved Bonafides as I found I was not skiing them very often anymore.
What length are you on in the Brahma 82?

Bcadmus

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
These skis are great for me, causing or inspiring constant skill challenges. Turn initiation requires focus, the response is thrilling. These skis easily handle whatever you encounter...

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it true that construction hasn't been updated since the 2020 model year? Hmmm, seeing a 2020 at a good price...

LoneStarMtnLover

Booting up
Skier
Regarding the 82 vs 82SP comparison, I think the former is supposed to be a little stiffer due to a metal sheet along with the wood core (novice speaking here, probably inaccurately)? Has anyone had the pleasure of trying both skis? How did they compare for you?

Sponsor