• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Blizzard Thunderbird R15 WB

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Blizzard is bringing back a type of ski that it hasn’t offered in a while, a hard-charging ski that skiers actually want to ski. Sorry, the Quattro series never left any skier thinking, ”I want to take another run.” That is not the case with the Thunderbird R15 WB (Wide Body). These skis are rewarding, have a personality, and want to rip. The WB does add a bit of versatility over the regular 70mm R15, and for all but a few skiers, those extra few mm are not noticed. Note also, the R15 WB is not juuust a wide R15, it is completely different mold with different lengths offered.

Copied from the R15... Blizzard brings a lot of technology into the new Thunderbirds with its Trueblend wood core along with carbon fiber with its Active Carbon Armor, which, for those of us that have been around for a while goes back to the old G-Power skis.​

Insider tip: Don’t let the 2 mm (yes, you read that correctly, TWO) of tip rocker lull you into thinking that these are off-piste powder skis: they are honest-to-badness hard-snow chargers.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Skiers who just don’t want to give the 98.64% attention demanded by the regular R15.
Who is it not for?
Weak skiers of weak mind: this ski expects input.
Skier ability
  1. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
158, 166, 174, 182
Dimensions
126-76-107
Radius
15m@174cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Construction
  2. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. System

late4gates

Pride comes before a fall.
Skier
How does this compare to HRC or Comp 76? It looks like very similar shape but different construction.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How does this compare to HRC or Comp 76? It looks like very similar shape but different construction.
I found these to have a bit more bite that the other two, Image a sports car that has really good high performance tires verses the stock all seasons. I found these to have a but more pop and playfulness and precision.

Jay

Booting up
Skier
I have the hrc and just bought a pair but rehabbing an mcl - I’ll post a comparison as soon as I can get on them in a week or so.

Sponsor