• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Blossom AM77

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: The Blossom AM77 (formally White Out) has an underground following like few skis do. A look into the ski lockers of SkiTalk.com's Colorado testers will reveal more than one pair. Why does that mean anything? Well, because even though these skiers have unlimited access to our test fleet, they chose to spend their own money on a pair of Blossom AM77/White Outs. To me, that says a ton.

On-snow feel is what you would expect from any premium ski: soliId, smooth, and connected. All it takes is a thought and these skis will do whatever you want them to do. If you are looking for an alternative to some of the more popular skis in the premium 80mm class, here is your opportunity. The 131mm tip's turn in on the AM77 is again just sublime, so smooth. Having skied many skis from this factory, nothing suprises me about their performance, just every time I get on them it jsut reassures me how good and accurate these skis are. We talk a lot about numbers with skis and many times I say they can be deceiving but I can say with confidence, when you read Blossom's published numbers, they are exactly what you will experience with their skis.

Noodler: The AM77/White Out for me is like having the "easy button". It's one of the very few skis where I can confidently say that I would be comfortable taking it anywhere in any type of condition; a true all-mountain ski. Although the waist may seem narrow, there's a lot of tip up front and that's followed by an easy releasing tail. The tip and tail shapes are what makes this ski perform as a great carver, but without fear of punishment. There's a lot of tip cut here, so it will easily build a nice arc without requiring a ton of edge angle. It pulls off this feat without being hooky since the widest portion of the tip occurs before tip turn up. The flex pattern and stiffness are perfect for my body weight and typical skiing speeds. There's energy in this ski without it requiring a ton of work to manage it. It might not have the precision of a race carver or the playfulness of a wider ski with some rocker, but it's quite competent across a wide swath of duties and would work well for a variety of skiers types and skill levels.

JMB: I skied Blossomskis' personal Am77 with Phil and @Blossomski at Mt. Rose, along with the AM74, AM85 and Numero Uno Lady. About me - I’m male, 6’ 0”, 140 lbs, 67 years old. Conditions were ideal for these carvers - gently packed corduroy, temperatures just below freezing and good visibility. All of them are superb skis - calm, fast, stable, strong, precise, predictable, carving machines that do what is asked of them and don’t surprise you. All of them urge you to go fast but handle the speed beautifully and fully support you controlling that speed. Each of them is a very different beast and each of them left consistently had me grinning ear to ear. But the Whiteout stood out as my favorite among them.

Insider tip 1: Take advantage of the very good Vist Speedlock binding system. It does enhance the ski’s hard-snow performance.​
Insider tip 2: We like this ski so much, we commissioned Blossom to do a SkiTalk Edizione Speciale Sideral, a hommage to the old Spalding model of the same name.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Those looking for a premium ski for a value price. (Uh, who isn’t?)
Who is it not for?
Maybe someone who can’t get past the name Blossom?
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
158, 164, 170, 176, 182
Dimensions
131-77-111
Radius
14m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System
  3. Plate

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Are they mounting the binding on the manufacturers recommended line or are they playing with moving forward or back?

Uncle-A

Skier
Don't understand the question. Who is "they"?
Who set your boots in the demo bindings. Did they set them on the manufacturer's line?

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve yet to try mine on anything but the line, but with the Vist Speedlock plates and bindings I told myself I would move them a little forward this season to test them out. Any idea what I can expect? I love them as is on anything but moguls and slow speeds when I am tracking my daughter.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm hoping to get a new ski for next season and those are top-of-the-list at the moment. Wish they still came in those graphics.
Actually the AM77 looks beautiful, better than the above graphic indicates. The blue is really vibrant and the glossy top sheets are super durable so they will stay looking nice. Sadly, I haven’t been able to use mine more than a run or two due to the dumps of fresh snow we keep getting.
E9655960-4088-4602-99CE-9B2591C39771.jpeg

Uncle-A

Skier
Actually the AM77 looks beautiful, better than the above graphic indicates. The blue is really vibrant and the glossy top sheets are super durable so they will stay looking nice. Sadly, I haven’t been able to use mine more than a run or two due to the dumps of fresh snow we keep getting. View attachment 153918
They are very cool looking. I wonder if they have any demo locations near me.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm hoping to get a new ski for next season and those are top-of-the-list at the moment. Wish they still came in those graphics.
The new blue is really outstanding in person. There may be some NOS Whiteouts somewhere out there. Same ski, different graphics.

Uncle-A

Skier
How did you find the old Spalding skis in the second picture? They are the same ski as the AM77 just with different cosmetics?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
How did you find the old Spalding skis in the second picture? They are the same ski as the AM77 just with different cosmetics?
The SkiTalk Siderals are the AM77 with graphics meant to pay homage to the Spaulding Siderals. Current Blossoms are made in the same factory as the Spauldings. @Philpug was able to source the originals and @Dave Petersen did the art work. Here's the discussion.

Uncle-A

Skier
The SkiTalk Siderals are the AM77 with graphics meant to pay homage to the Spaulding Siderals. Current Blossoms are made in the same factory as the Spauldings. @Philpug was able to source the originals and @Dave Petersen did the art work. Here's the discussion.
Has anyone skied them on the east coast blue ice? That kind of feedback would be nice.

Uncle-A

Skier
@Uncle-A I’ve skied quite a few days on my White Outs at Blue Mountain after their Zambonis have worked their magic. I’m not qualified to give a review but I can tell you I’m very happy with them in all conditions I’ve faced in PA and VT.
Thanks, it's good to know that they are good in the east.

Sponsor