• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Dynastar Teaser

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks @GregK I never heard of that shop, ordered myself a pair. Dreaming of winter.....

Thanks again!
-Chris

Dreaming of winter too as I ordered a pair of “backup” 2021 Candide 3.0 skis yesterday myself.
See the inventory of the Pro Riders went from 4 to 3 so that’s a good sign. If I lived out west, I’d have a pair myself!

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
@GregK major bummer. Their inventory was 'off' they have zero of those supposed 4 pairs in stock. That's a bad experience for my first time with BlueZone!

Looks like Im still searching, if anyone sees any of the Pro Riders aka M-pro 105's on sale anywhere....

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@GregK major bummer. Their inventory was 'off' they have zero of those supposed 4 pairs in stock. That's a bad experience for my first time with BlueZone!

Looks like Im still searching, if anyone sees any of the Pro Riders aka M-pro 105's on sale anywhere....

Running into the same issue on my Candide 3.0s as they showed 1 pair but they only have a demo ski left. Depending on price and their condition, I might still get them.

I’ll keep searching for Pro Riders/M Pro 105 skis too!

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
still good. have not been on the Stockli's for a year. I know heresy.

7060BD1F-6869-44A9-9CBC-453695AE1B92.jpeg

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
still good. have not been on the Stockli's for a year. I know heresy.

View attachment 193896
For the east coast, I added the M-Pro 90's in 186 this season to replace my Legend x88 that were shot. I went with a simple Pivot 12. But I've wondered about the Dynastar PU/Poplar Hybrid Core compared to the magic baby seal fur additive in Stockli cores. These skis seem pretty quiet to me, but I've never demoed Stockli's.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
@Marker
I have found them to be pretty quiet, damp skis. Maybe not a smooth as the Stockli SR95, but 90-95% of it. The only real time I do really feel a huge difference is the start of a turn, Stockli’s pretty automatic, mpro needs to be told what to do. Resort powder day chunder - Stockli is way better, think a lot of that is the tip shape and rocker on the Dynastars. You just can’t point them, like you can on the older SR95’s

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Marker
I have found them to be pretty quiet, damp skis. Maybe not a smooth as the Stockli SR95, but 90-95% of it. The only real time I do really feel a huge difference is the start of a turn, Stockli’s pretty automatic, mpro needs to be told what to do. Resort powder day chunder - Stockli is way better, think a lot of that is the tip shape and rocker on the Dynastars. You just can’t point them, like you can on the older SR95’s
Agree they need some input but still an improvement over the Legends. I like the tip for East coast bumps.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Still skiing the Mpro 99s - have not skied the Stockli’s in a couple of years now. Just back from Aspen with couple of days on them and on the Kastle Fx106ti’s. Mpros do have a speed limit in chopped up snow, Kastle’s punch higher there. Really hard to find fault w/ Dynasta’s - damp, can go fast‘ish, easy to make turns on/off piste.

Mpros are very forgiving I feel, whereas the Kastles don’t appreciate lazy driving, but are still well mannered. I do notice the extra width in my knees if making turns on groomers w/ Kastle for an extended period.

probably need to take the Stockli’s for a whirl next trip.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This season I've had 7 days on the M-Pro 90's when we have gotten some fresh snow or wet slop, and 8 days on some new Brahma 82 for routine days. Today we got about 4 inches before we started and it kept snowing, but I had the Brahmas at the slopeside shop for a tune, so skied those. I had to work a little harder to keep their tips out of the developing piles that the M-Pros could ride over with their elongated tip. Different kinds of skis but that doesn't bother me.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looking to be up at Appalachian Mountain this coming Monday. If anyone else might be there, give me a shout, we'll take a run or three together

Sponsor

Staff online