• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Dynastar Teaser

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not a ton to talk about here yet other than the the new M-Free 99, which seems to be the ski that everyone has interest in. I will cut to the chase, it lives up to the hype, this is one fun bugger of a ski. The 185 has an 18m radius (IIRC) and is darn playful. The 98-100 "resort powder" segment is growing, and there is no doubt that the M-Free 99 will be on many skiers' short lists. The only caveat is to size up, because it skis short. The M-Pros we got on are all carryover skis -- not a bad thing, because they are also very good skis.

76177E6A-E50D-4C66-A681-060B9124A89B.jpg

C7F3662E-CDA6-46C9-8055-6BCA6FF98940.JPG

2FBB643D-70A5-4EAD-8479-D33690EC5DCC.jpg

2FBB643D-70A5-4EAD-8479-D33690EC5DCC.jpg

Attachments

• 039D04D2-FC4E-4AAC-A87C-BB43A6702CA7.jpg
    039D04D2-FC4E-4AAC-A87C-BB43A6702CA7.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
stoked on the 99, but a short ski, that skis short... meeeeeeeeeh :|
I sked the 185 and liked it. Anyone bigger will probably want the 108 anyway.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have the older menace 98, the new m-free 108 and 118 ;) but I always like skinnier over fatter skis 188-189-190cm 99 m-free... oh yes! :)

and yes I liked graphics better on older topsheets. but thats an individual thing

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
The marble graphics is truly atrocious. Hard to believe that this is Dynastar that gave us the Legend series graphics a while ago.
Had same reaction! All black like the other ones would have been better or just about anything else.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Had same reaction! All black like the other ones would have been better or just about anything else.
That's an individual thing... Personally I prefer these topsheets than those of the Rossignol sender of Salomon qst series.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I dislike the marble along with @Alexzn. @Jwrags: It reminds me of the topsheet on the Renoun Endurance 98 -- another one I find unattractive. Now those smaller, all black Dynastars with the colored tails or the Endurance 88, now that's another story! In fact, I love the Endurance 88 about as much as a person can love a ski they've never touched LOL.

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Seems like there is some graphic design influence here within Rossi/Dynastar family. The marble look seems like deviation of Blackops graphics but turned to “11.” Clearly cosmetics are subjective but always surprising to me when a big ski brand takes risk of alienating a product and consumer. A great ski will still sell but there are lots of good/safe options out there and I hate to admit it but the cosmetics could be tie breaker. The new Eric Pollard design is great example of what I like (or retro Rossi, Dynastar, K2 look) and also favor product lines that have some consistency within brand. Think Volvo cars versus Ford....

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
I also favor wood, metal, and soapstone kitchen surfaces so I may be projecting my dislike for our current marble kitchen island!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
These are not my favorite Dynastar graphics on either of the M-Pro or M-Free skis but honestly, they wouldnt stop me from purchasing them either. Back to the skis. We have reviews of the M-Pro's up now since they are carry over from this season. IMHO the performace of the skis speak for themselves. Dynastar is standing by their elongated tip design which can ease to the powerful construction. The M-Free is very playful yet it is not fall of the bone easy. With the ski skiing on the short side and maxing out at a 185, bigger skiers will have to look either elsewhere or step up to the 108.

bluesbrother49

Booting up
Skier
The marble graphics is truly atrocious. Hard to believe that this is Dynastar that gave us the Legend series graphics a while ago.
Hey guys, local Dynastar rep here in Phil's neck of the woods. As far as the graphic discussion goes, to each his own....BUT....the MFree is the best selling line of the last 15 years for us and has checked out incredibly well with shop employees and the younger kids. I constantly hear that we should incorporate the MFree (it's not marble, it's a zoomed image of a Japanese Birch tree, but not important) graphics on the MPro line. I guess I'll take that response to the bank...they also look SICK with either a gold pivot or Forza 2.0, as the kids say.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
MFree is the best selling line of the last 15 years for us

Imagine how much sales would increase if Dynastar had the MFree 108 in a 185-188cm length that’s the perfect size for most buyers between 160-200lbs!
Many ski buyers(my 175lb self included) would have a pair already if there was a “goldilocks” size option in-between the “super surfy” 182cm and “more serious” 192cm.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Imagine how much sales would increase if Dynastar had the MFree 108 in a 185-188cm length that’s the perfect size for most buyers between 160-200lbs!
Many ski buyers(my 175lb self included) would have a pair already if there was a “goldilocks” size option in-between the “super surfy” 182cm and “more serious” 192cm.
I think you mean of they had a 188-192cm m-free 99 ;) but I'd also be game to try out a 188 m-free 108 for tighter woods

Sponsor

Staff online