• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Dynastar Teaser

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
the point is that with the factory mount, the shovel it would literally be longer on the M-Free 108 than the 187 4Front 187, thats why I thought to move the binding forward instead of back, when I compared it to @Drahtguy Kevin ski, I realized my hunch was correct. the mount is too far back for the 182 length.

Last edited:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
what about the 192 m-free 108? Im mounting mine up now the new binders & jig arrived, maybe this will will be straighter and less dropped on floor'ish.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I did not ski or even see a 192. I would put a similar ski next to it and compare the toe piece location. Keep in mind, when I'm adjusting a binding, thats for my size. I do think in this case, -7.75 (on the 182) is a little far back

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Video review of the new Dynastar MFree 99 ski. As the earlier specs revealed, a lighter ski with less carving chops and reduced stability versus the Menace 98 it replaces. Looks super fun in bumps and trees though.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
M-pro 105?? Anyone able to push those around??

Quite a few skiers on big mountains out West daily drive the MPro 105 or earlier versions that used to be called Legend Pro/ LP 105, XXLS etc. Heavy, long turning radius and only available in 192cm so you have to have some speed, weight and ability behind them but OMG are they stable and damp above highway speeds! Kinda the stability standard of skis.

Many uses online(including myself) have also found the MFree 108 in the 192cm has hints of the MPro 105 in a more playful, accessible and fun package. Won’t have its top end but much more usable at lower speeds and off piste. Much more serious than the 182cm MFree 108 length.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Quite a few skiers on big mountains out West daily drive the MPro 105 or earlier versions that used to be called Legend Pro/ LP 105, XXLS etc. Heavy, long turning radius and only available in 192cm so you have to have some speed, weight and ability behind them but OMG are they stable and damp above highway speeds! Kinda the stability standard of skis.

Many uses online(including myself) have also found the MFree 108 in the 192cm has hints of the MPro 105 in a more playful, accessible and fun package. Won’t have its top end but much more usable at lower speeds and off piste. Much more serious than the 182cm MFree 108 length.

I got to ski the legend pro xxl for two or three quick laps a long time ago. That was a FAST and SERIOUS ski, we got along well! I'd REALLY LIKE to get on the MPro 105 as a demo, but no Dynastar dealers anywhere near us here in Whitefish. Dynastar has a VERY small representation on our hill(probably because of lack of local retailers).

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I got to ski the legend pro xxl for two or three quick laps a long time ago. That was a FAST and SERIOUS ski, we got along well! I'd REALLY LIKE to get on the MPro 105 as a demo, but no Dynastar dealers anywhere near us here in Whitefish. Dynastar has a VERY small representation on our hill(probably because of lack of local retailers).

The MPro 105 is actually a little more friendly as it has rocker now, the tip slope is much smoother for passing over crud/powder float and I think they reduce the turning radius(41m vs 27) vs the version you tried. Recall the old one being 109mm underfoot too.

See Spring deals on the MPro 105 ski for $630 CAN/$500 US right now.........
Worst case you can flip them to someone else if you can’t find a demo or maybe post on TGR if someone near you has a pair you could try out?
Doubt Dynastar sells lots of them as they are a pretty niche ski.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
So, I skied the M-Pro 99 today. Um.....it’s pretty good. The mount point was a tad more forward than the Stormrider95- took a couple runs to get used to it. Not getting rid of the Stockli’s but if something happened to them, I’d be just fine on these. I think @SkiEssentials nailed it. “Reverse Mullet skis“ - party upfront, business out back.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
IMG_0894.JPG

Legend Pro XXL 187/r.37. 122/109/132. Full camber.

Last edited:

AngryAnalyst

Out on the slopes
Skier
Re: the M-Pro 105/LPR - is it staying around next year? Do I need to buy an extra to hoard? I just got on the one I bought because of COVID boredom last spring and was blown away.

Truly next level in spring conditions (read: mix of ice, ideal slush and glop).

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Re: the M-Pro 105/LPR - is it staying around next year? Do I need to buy an extra to hoard? I just got on the one I bought because of COVID boredom last spring and was blown away.

Truly next level in spring conditions (read: mix of ice, ideal slush and glop).

Seem to remember that all the MPro models were carrying over to 2022 unchanged and MPro 105 remaining in the lineup for next year.

Although you can buy the M Pro 105/any ski right now for insane spring deals right now so buy, buy, buy! Haha

AngryAnalyst

Out on the slopes
Skier
Seem to remember that all the MPro models were carrying over to 2022 unchanged and MPro 105 remaining in the lineup for next year.

Although you can buy the M Pro 105/any ski right now for insane spring deals right now so buy, buy, buy! Haha

Perhaps, but there’s no rush it seems. If I see any amazing deals (the pair I bought last year was for less than I’ve seen so far this year anywhere) I’ll keep it in mind.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Our M-Free 99 and M-Pro 90 W finally arrived. I mounted both with Look SPX TEST demos.

IMG_4299.jpeg

IMG_4301.jpeg

Attachments

• tempImagekJeMSB.png
    tempImagekJeMSB.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

Sponsor

Staff online