• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 FIFA World Cup

James

Out There
Instructor
That’s their karma for beating the beautiful team of Argentina in far too many finals.
Don’t forget the incredible beat down in the 2014 wcup of Brazil in Brazil. 7-1

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don’t forget the incredible beat down in the of Brazil in Brazil. 7-1

Absolutely! Totally ungentlemanly and uncalled for.

Coming back to Spain, if this was a strategic move, it was genius. They avoided not only Brazil but also Argentina until the final. They will now only have to get rid somehow of Portugal and France but this is all very hypothetical of course as who knows what will happen next.
A potential semifinal Brazil-Argentina will be one hell of a game.

Now, for my dream final to come true England needs to beat Senegal, France and Spain. Maybe. How realistic is that? Not very.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Absolutely! Totally ungentlemanly and uncalled for.
Nah, Brazil's beat down was totally called for.
You’re just mad they called your boy’s handball, “the scandal of the century”. ogsmile
(Though clearly their yardstick is off)

DCA856A8-8A2A-4769-8BFD-BFBF5212121F.jpeg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nah, Brazil's beat down was totally called for.
You’re just mad they called your boy’s handball, “the scandal of the century”. ogsmile
(Though clearly their yardstick is off)

View attachment 184667

Great goal that, I vaguely remember it but as a kid it looked totally good one. This pic is misleading, the camera is from wrong angle. :ogbiggrin:

James

Out There
Instructor

We do have the Japanese 2nd goal against Spain controversy. Was the ball over the line and out of bounds?
Isn’t this why we got goal line technology after 2010? How about endlines now?

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
The group standings tell the story. "Goal Differential" (goals scored minus goals allowed) is the first tiebreaker in case of a tie... you get 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw/tie

View attachment 184649

Yes, and it was so heartbreaking. Mexico deserved going through, so much more than Poland. At one point during those games, Mexico was really close to close the gap, and Argentina was pounding Poland, which kept waiting for the good fortune of not being scored against. Really depressing. Mexico played a really good tournament, got a bit unlucky and are out. The world cup is like that. Super emotional, and pretty random.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier

If that picture represents the farthest the ball traveled relative to the line, then the ball is still in play. The entire ball has to cross the entire line for it to be out, and I don't see any green grass visible between the ball and the line.

Teumie

Putting on skis
Skier
so England France is a quarter final, that will be a great game I reckon.
both are very offensive and fast teams, should be good entertainment (better make sure I can work from home that day :cool: )

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
so England France is a quarter final, that will be a great game I reckon.
both are very offensive and fast teams, should be good entertainment (better make sure I can work from home that day :cool: )
Not necessarily. Remember Senegal won the ACON and have a team that plays almost exclusively in Europe.

Teumie

Putting on skis
Skier
right, TBH I dont know the Senegal team, I just assumed that England would go through.
Let's hope not :cool:

I cannot see France loosing to Poland (I'm even surprised they are still in)
Senegal France might be a good game as well

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yeah, I watched that game. It was a tight game played to the fullest by both teams. And yes, Japan can legitimately beat Spain, and Germany. Welcome to modern times in football, it's been like this for the last ... 20 years at least.
Women's more so than mens..

Sponsor