• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 FIFA World Cup

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Holy cow... I saw it at 3-0 last... now it's 7-0... wow.
Following myself up here... Not only was the match 7-0, but Costa Rica didn't manage a single shot on goal, had 18% possession (!), zero corners, 2 yellow cards, and 7 offsides. What a brutal showing.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Following myself up here... Not only was the match 7-0, but Costa Rica didn't manage a single shot on goal, had 18% possession (!), zero corners, 2 yellow cards, and 7 offsides. What a brutal showing.
Maybe they wanted to avoid the Budweiser.

James

Out There
Instructor
Oh Canada!
Rejected on a pk, then robbed. The time I saw it they were pounding Belgium, then get hit over the top. Half, Belgium up 1-0.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I almost sense a correlation between team readiness to play in the first round vs. number of players on the national team who also play in La Liga.
Some folks here were intimating that because Lukaku is out we could best Belgium. I was like.... Come again?!?!?! :roflmao:

Belgium showed up with four "Spaniards" in the starting lineup, sorry :( On the upside, your goalie is from Red Star :)

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Just finished watching the Arg -SA game. It’s worth seeing. Arg was just a little off finishing, but strong D by SA.
Header off the goal line, some great saves. Game had 8 min stoppage, plus SA player got kneed in the chin by his goalie and might have been knocked out. Final whistle was just short of 104min.
That second goal and the header off the goal line - WOW.

Teumie

Putting on skis
Skier
We are so lucky the canadians are so ineffective at finishing, could have been 1-8 by now ...
Their assault is just relentless

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Courtois - best in the world
Lucky for Belgium - and that Canadians take too many touches before they shoot

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Belgium were there for the taking in that first half. Doubt they'll be as poor again and unfortunately that may have been the Canuckistani shot.

James

Out There
Instructor
I have some weird thought that I care how strong CONCACAF appears to be. I guess it's jealousy vs. UEFA and CONMEBOL.
When you get that many letters, it looks bad no matter what you do. This is basic, and that they failed in it is telling.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Fun second half in Portugal/Ghana... though I am rooting for Ghana.... 5 goals so far in 20 minutes!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Fun second half in Portugal/Ghana... though I am rooting for Ghana.... 5 goals so far in 20 minutes!
Pfft that and the ultimate team player Ronnie buying a penalty with his usual diving cynicism.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Tonight is I think the best test of whether England are credible contenders. I'd expect them to win as squad depth is vastly different but the manner of the result will be informative. And of course if US can get at least a draw or win things start to look very positive on their side.

Sponsor

Staff online