• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 FIFA World Cup

James

Out There
Instructor
Argentina had like 3 goals, but offside, in the first half.
Cracking second goal by Saudi Arabia.

I hated the classic Italian teams. Defensive and sarcastic plus entitled. They did sucker Zidane into a red card in the final with a “your sister…” taunt. Stupid by him.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Every drama needs a good villain….
We still have the Germans (but I like
them too)

James

Out There
Instructor
Just finished watching the Arg -SA game. It’s worth seeing. Arg was just a little off finishing, but strong D by SA.
Header off the goal line, some great saves. Game had 8 min stoppage, plus SA player got kneed in the chin by his goalie and might have been knocked out. Final whistle was just short of 104min.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I’ll root for just about anyone to beat Mexico. Exceptions for Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Russia, etc
Hard to root for the Mexican drama queens. Ochoa is an exception.
This is pretty much how I always feel about Brazil.. However, with the biggest drama queen in all of pro futbol Neymar out not quite as bad... maybe?

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
France looked like they are still trying to adjust to their losses …. And yet they did manage to subdue and hypnotize an Australian team that came to play.
Mbappe was also off a little but still the most amazing player to watch. He may benefit from no Benzema as he does like the spotlight.
Defense needs to tighten up tighten it up
against those long passes. And Lloris looked flat footed.
The match against Australia was fairly easy but you could spot problems that are going to costly against teams with a better midfield and especially better forwards: our defense is just too inexperienced and prone to mistakes + Lloris is among the worst goalies in the WC. I call him Slow-ris.

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow .. and boom goes the dynamite...
Holy cow! I watched some of the first half. Germany basically had the ball almost the whole time. They just couldn’t penetrate that last zone, unless they were off side or belted the ball 10 meters over the goal. Kudos to Japan for sticking to the plan and absorbing for a long time.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Holy cow! I watched some of the first half. Germany basically had the ball almost the whole time. They just couldn’t penetrate that last zone, unless they were off side or belted the ball 10 meters over the goal. Kudos to Japan for sticking to the plan and absorbing for a long time.
There's going to be a public inquest in Germany into how this happened..

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
So far only France and possibly England out of pre tournament favourites out of the blocks strongly and quality of opposition was a factor for both. Have Germany now put themselves in a group of death with Spain yet to navigate?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Great 2nd half by 武士. Japan finally has a team that doesn't let itself get manhandled.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Japan managed to have more corner kicks and goals than Germany, out of 26% possession. That's impressive and opportunistic, but not likely to happen repeatedly. And they were down on shots on goal 26 to 12 (that's a ton of shots total for a game!)

I'd love to see Japan come out of that group though, now that they've accomplished the upset. Cinderella teams are fun!

James

Out There
Instructor
Apparently Germans weren’t very impressed with their team before heading to Qatar.
Spain is now slaughtering Costa Rica.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Nov 22, 9:16 AM EST

Budweiser plans celebration with unused beer​

With millions of dollars in unused beer sitting in Qatar, the company AB InBev says it will be bringing the beer to the winning country for an "ultimate" celebration.

"Where there is a celebration, there is always a Budweiser. In that spirit, Budweiser wants to bring this celebration from the FIFA World Cup stadiums to the winning country’s fans," the company said in a statement. "We will host the ultimate championship celebration for the winning country. Because, for the winning fans, they’ve taken the world. More details will be shared when we get closer to the finals."

View attachment 183784
So you get punished for winning?

James

Out There
Instructor
There’s 313,000 Qatari citizens. All of them could go into the wcup stadiums at the same time.

77DD7336-1BFB-4062-A75D-A64BD1DA94C8.jpeg

Total: 380,000

That 80,000 stadium supposedly had 88,000 for Argentina - Saudi Arabia

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
And yet they're not. I'm seeing open seats in almost embarassing numbers.
Careful -political comment! ;)

The stadia are also tiny by modern standards although given lack of pressing demand for them afterwards presumably will look quite impressive for the high school and sunday league teams that inherit them.

Sponsor

Staff online