• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer Curv GT

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
2022 came early today.

9988156F-3450-4F9C-AE13-D0E3CD7BBDEB.jpeg

Dimensions for the 182 r=17m 125-76-110
50479AF4-739C-4B88-9CA7-A5F03A47A13D.jpeg

In case you weren't sure what this ski is called.
882259D7-100F-4766-9626-22224B23DE6E.jpeg

@James approved black bases. Also no hole in tip.
0E223213-E7BA-49D4-A807-F97EE7FAA8C4.jpeg

RC One looks kind of portly in comparison.
BA1F4439-9855-4654-83AB-1F243E0422F2.jpeg

I like the very subtle triangles logo over the loud graphic treatment,
A95219BD-86DD-442A-8FBE-F9C98452F117.jpeg

Should have them on snow soon and will report back. I already fell in love at the Waterville demo. Glad to be putting bring on it now.

Last edited:

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
I am so interested in these skis. Looking forward impatiently for your, or others, report on these

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
182? Big boy skis.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
2022 came early today.

View attachment 129235
Dimensions for the 182 r=17m 125-76-110
View attachment 129236
In case you weren't sure what this ski is called.
View attachment 129237
@James approved black bases. Also no hole in tip.
View attachment 129238
RC One looks kind of portly in comparison.
View attachment 129239
I like the very subtle triangles logo over the loud graphic treatment,
View attachment 129240
Should have them on snow soon and will report back. I already fell in love at the Waterville demo. Glad to be putting bring on it now.
Those things look like they should come with an extra thick helmet.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Ask Gerhard.
I wonder which of the three radii they decided to print. Also, I wonder how different this "technology" is from "normal" ski shape. Either way, cool video.

It's a shame the GTI and GTX come in two different colorways, instead of coming as mismatched pairs ...

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I wonder which of the three radii they decided to print. Also, I wonder how different this "technology" is from "normal" ski shape. Either way, cool video.

It's a shame the GTI and GTX come in two different colorways, instead of coming as mismatched pairs ...

Based on my calculations, the published sidecut is a "blended" number based on the overall average. In practice, the way the triple radius works is quite effective by using the deeper cut on the tip, medium on the tail, and shallow underfoot. There are other ski manufacturers who do something similar, but exactly opposite (shallow on the tip, deep underfoot). I think Fischer has it right.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Based on my calculations, the published sidecut is a "blended" number based on the overall average. In practice, the way the triple radius works is quite effective by using the deeper cut on the tip, medium on the tail, and shallow underfoot. There are other ski manufacturers who do something similar, but exactly opposite (shallow on the tip, deep underfoot). I think Fischer has it right.
FWIW I was able to get on a pair of these for a couple runs earlier this week (Fischer must like somebody here as much as they like you, @Erik Timmerman ) ... they were definitely a fun ski on very soft groomers. No reason I could tell they wouldn't be on firmer snow, but ... the only place to find anything firmer on that day was in our GS training course, and, well, I took my GS skis through there instead.

Not sure I could tell any difference, performance-wise, from the shape of the ski, but ... maybe I'm not that attuned to my equipment.

James

Out There
Instructor
Gerhard talked about milled Titanium. I presume that means the skis are $1,800?

@James approved black bases. Also no hole in tip
Nice skis!
A colored base on that would be a travesty and an automatic no go. Might as well glue sandpaper to the base. ogsmile

The tip is a pass...
I do think it’s bizarre that Fischer is so obsessed with their tip not being round. Or curved like the slalom ski. Like on the gs ski. Especially in a ski called “The Curve”!

5453677C-0B8D-4C7F-9B6D-8F4DDD80B50D.jpeg

Anyway, ski looks sweet. Interested how the tail is in 3-d snow.

DreaminBoutPow

Amateur hour
Skier
They look sweet! And that base structure looks superb. Are these supposed to be dedicated hard snow beasts or somewhat all mountainy (firmer bumps, inch or two of softer snow, cruddy top layer, etc)?

Coolhand

Getting off the lift
Skier
This ski is awesome. Super quick, precise, and stable as you would expect. But with a much larger "range" than past iterations of RC4's and Curvs. Also, it will handle some mixed/3D snow conditions. I almost consider it a modern "Progressor" with a touch more horsepower. The 182's will definitely be a rocket. I skied the 175's and they were perfect for me. Fischer won't sell a ton in North America, but if you're in the market for a more technical ski, this one deserves some serious consideration.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I'm a bit disappointed that they have narrowed the GT as much as they have in this revised iteration. However, the ski itself just looks like it oozes quality. Some very nice touches to this one.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ask Gerhard.
I sense that Fischer and YouTube know where my Fischer dollars are actually likely to go. (See appended.) Anyway, I watched, and this looks like a really fun ski(s). Love the new graphics.

1616692520081.png

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I'm a bit disappointed that they have narrowed the GT as much as they have in this revised iteration. However, the ski itself just looks like it oozes quality. Some very nice touches to this one.

It's only 4mm narrower at the waist. I think it's just right. I've been skiing my old GTs all week (they are not quite rock skis, but I won't cry if I hit something). Waiting for the hill to get patched up after this warm spell before I ski the new ones on home turf.