• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer Podium race boot

maxwerks

Booting up
Skier
What about stretching/grinding of the shell to make more space for your toes? Isn't this a better option :)
I'm less worried about the shells as they can be heat molded. This worked like a charm fitting my Gara liners in the CS130, I expect similar good results with the rc4. Wearing just the rc4 liners reveals the narrow liner toebox alone squashes my pinky toe. A lengthwise cut down the middle of the nonelastic velcro bridge should provide some extra width, with low risk to liner integrity

maxwerks

Booting up
Skier
Liner surgery result from cutting just a lengthwise slit, not a v-shape. Liner width issue solved. So this is a disadvantage of having a velcro patch on top of the toe box, where Zipfit toebox is elastic in all directions
20230423_124414.jpg

Last edited:

wnyskier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Liner surgery result from cutting just a lengthwise slit, not a v-shape. Liner width issue solved. So this is a disadvantage of having a velcro patch on top of the toe box, where Zipfit toebox is elastic in all directions
Good move with the lacing. You could also have cut the elastic and left velcro so that you could use the OEM tongue. Another option is to heat the rubber-like material on the sole and carefully pull it back and trim to release the neoprene sides to expand further as shown here: Toe room

maxwerks

Booting up
Skier
Good move with the lacing. You could also have cut the elastic and left velcro so that you could use the OEM tongue. Another option is to heat the rubber-like material on the sole and carefully pull it back and trim to release the neoprene sides to expand further as shown here: Toe room
Actually the OEM tongue still has enough velcro surface to attach itself. If needed the velcro pad on the tongue could be replaced with a wider one. For now I am quite pleased with the result, the fit is very snug and comfortable, no pressure and no slop at all with 5 minutes of surgery :)
20230423_184114.jpg

Another thing I like about this tongue is that one solid piece of tough plastic protects the shin, instep and forefoot. Zipfits have a hole at the instep which in my case was a nasty pressure point

Last edited:

maxwerks

Booting up
Skier
A quick report out after skiing the Fischer liners in my STI shells, they
20230429_111912.jpg
performed flawlessly. Heels where fixated and no forefoot or instep pressure points at all. I would rate this combo as comfortable as my ZipFit Gara in the CS shells, but a more precise race fit. I had previously heat molded the STI shells for the ZipFits but the result was not usable. The Fischer liners are much lower volume but they have generous cork padding around the ankles and a thick, strong cuff. Very happy to finally be able to ski my STIs

Dillon H

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
A quick report out after skiing the Fischer liners in my STI shells, they View attachment 202081 performed flawlessly. Heels where fixated and no forefoot or instep pressure points at all. I would rate this combo as comfortable as my ZipFit Gara in the CS shells, but a more precise race fit. I had previously heat molded the STI shells for the ZipFits but the result was not usable. The Fischer liners are much lower volume but they have generous cork padding around the ankles and a thick, strong cuff. Very happy to finally be able to ski my STIs
Do you notice the lower cuff height at all skiing on the STI 130s? I know they're about a cm shorter than Dobermann WCs (and I assume similarly shorter than your CS and Fischers). The STI 130 felt great with its low instep, but I was concerned I might notice that lower cuff height.

Sponsor