• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer Ranger 102 FR

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: A lot of women wondered about the “My” skis, and Fischer listened, leaving women's ski names behind but not their performance. The Ranger 102 FR brings the same nimble powder day experience that I’ve grown accustomed to: stable in moguls and crud, floaty in powder, and powerful through dicey conditions. This is a friendly-for-freshies ski that is a no-brainer on a powder day.

Insider Tip: If you want more of a daily driver, check out the Ranger 94 FR. Available in two colors, blue and pink.​

Awards
Who is it for?
A skier looking for a confidence-inspiring powder ski.
Who is it not for?
Someone who sticks to groomers.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Off Piste
  2. Trees
  3. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
156, 163, 170, 177, 184, 191
Dimensions
136-102-126
Radius
Radius: 17m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Flat

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am a huge fan of the Fischer Ranger 102, a ski that I have been on for roughly three - four seasons. This has been a daily driver for me as I feel the 102 can handle a wide range of conditions. They also make a 94FR but I feel the 102 can pretty much do everything the 94 can but with a little more versatility. Don't pay attention to the numbers on this one as the 102 can easily handle itself and hold a great edge on piste. I once had this at mammoth after a five feet dump in about 48 hours and had an absolute blast. The ski has a well rounded flex so its perfect for anyone looking to use it as a true directional twin or move the bindings forward a bit and use it as more of a freestyle ski. Seriously, don't sleep on this ski I promise you won't regret it!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
LOVE this ski, I sold my two blue 184 and 191cm, to buy two new in pink! the 94FR can't touch the 102FR imho, even for when you would want a 90. I mount +2 on 184 and +3 on 191

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am a huge fan of the Fischer Ranger 102, a ski that I have been on for roughly three - four seasons. This has been a daily driver for me as I feel the 102 can handle a wide range of conditions. They also make a 94FR but I feel the 102 can pretty much do everything the 94 can but with a little more versatility. Don't pay attention to the numbers on this one as the 102 can easily handle itself and hold a great edge on piste. I once had this at mammoth after a five feet dump in about 48 hours and had an absolute blast. The ski has a well rounded flex so its perfect for anyone looking to use it as a true directional twin or move the bindings forward a bit and use it as more of a freestyle ski. Seriously, don't sleep on this ski I promise you won't regret it!
If I skied out west I would likely be on this or the 99 Ti based on my experience with the 115 Ti (FR shape) as an east coast powder/crud ski.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If I skied out west I would likely be on this or the 99 Ti based on my experience with the 115 Ti (FR shape) as an east coast powder/crud ski.

I picked up a 115FR last season and absolutely love that as well! In a 172 it is only about 110 underfoot and used that at Palisades (Squaw) during the spring as a daily driver. More than satisfied with my dual ranger setup!

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
LOVE this ski, I sold my two blue 184 and 191cm, to buy two new in pink! the 94FR can't touch the 102FR imho, even for when you would want a 90. I mount +2 on 184 and +3 on 191
Completely agree with you! the 94 to me is not required as the 102 is certainly the winner in that FR series. My 115 is an absolute blast as well but certainly it has its limits. I also mount mine +3 and +4 and still find it to be a killer ski. Kept my blue ones and got a pink version for touring, glad to hear others love the pink as much as I do!

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Picked up from the shop that was mounting the bindings on my new 184 102FRs yesterday. Skied them for the first time today. All we have here in Breck is hard. These things rip groomers and the hard snow up in Horseshoe! Hopefully they are as good in soft snow. If so they may be the perfect Rockies everyday versatile ski!

Now that I am throughly enjoying my two Fischer skis 86GT and 10FR I think I may be becoming a Fischer skis fan boy.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
nice huh?! :)

I dont see how fischer can improve on the ski in the new 2023 version, the 2021 and 2022 pink is way cooler than new 2023.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Finally got some snow in Breck to ski the 102FRs on. Wow is all I can say! I love this ski. We didn't get much maybe 4" to 6" a lot of it groomed. However the edges of the runs, up the T-Bar and ungroomed stashes provided some fresh and unconsolidated to ski. The 102FRs ski 4 to 6 beautifully allowing you to make any type of turn you desire, the rocker in these skis is just right. Skiing unconsolidated is a joy, you can choose to blast through the piles or ski around them. The combination of the stiff flex and construction of this ski provides a surprising amount of stability in these conditions. Finally on the truly packed powder soft groomers these things lay down deep railroad tracks. All in all a perfect every day ride for the Rockies. This will definitely be the ski I take when I am headed out to ski when I am uncertain what the day will bring in terms of snow, terrain etc.

For reference I am 6'0" about 165/170ish and ski the 184.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
2022-02-03 21.15.12.jpg

102 FR got love today, buddy had his blue out as well, but didnt get them int he pic! 102 FR is just great.

Sponsor