• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer RC One 82 GT WS

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: Fischer is one brand that is steering away from women’s-specific skis, but it is offering skis in a variety of lengths and flex patterns with some “women suggested” skis in the lineup. The 82 GT WS is such a ski. I had it for a thoroughly enjoyable long-term test. The calmness in this ski encourages you to do a little more and go a little faster. Groomers are glorious and moguls are marvelous. Ducking into trees doesn’t need a second thought. After spending a fair amount of time on a variety of terrain on the RC One 82 GT, I can confidently encourage women who are advancing skiers to think no more. Get One … the RC One.

Insider tip: If you are looking for a great ski to complement this one, check out the Ranger 102.​

Who is it for?
A skier looking for an all-mountain ski biased toward groomers but capable on a variety of terrain.
Who is it not for?
Skiers looking for a playful off-piste ski for bumps and trees.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
145, 152, 159, 166, 173
Dimensions
125-82-112
Radius
15m@166cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. System

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Crud stability? Still searching for the replacement of my current daily driver. I've always liked the feel of Fischer skis.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Crud stability? Still searching for the replacement of my current daily driver. I've always liked the feel of Fischer skis.
Amy, I tried the 82 and the 86 back to back last spring. Unfortunately there was no crud. My gut tells me I would prefer the 86 in crud that had any weight to it, just because that ski has noticeably more spine. It was also better on firm snow. (Maine firm, possibly not on Utah firm.) That said the 82 was super easy and has a flex pattern that is probably more off-piste friendly for a light skier like you.

What's the daily driver you're comparing?

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I cannot speak to the 82 but I spent a week on the 86 skiing all over Mammoth and found it very stable under all conditions from ice to slush (and in between). Perfectly suitable daily driver and very versatile with strong carving chops but also capable to roam off piste.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Amy, I tried the 82 and the 86 back to back last spring. Unfortunately there was no crud. My gut tells me I would prefer the 86 in crud that had any weight to it, just because that ski has noticeably more spine. It was also better on firm snow. (Maine firm, possibly not on Utah firm.) That said the 82 was super easy and has a flex pattern that is probably more off-piste friendly for a light skier like you.

What's the daily driver you're comparing?
2021 Santa Ana 88. I don't like it in crud since they took the extra sheet of titanal out of it. And crud is where I need the most help. Also looking at Stockli Nela 88 but not sure if I can get it at a price point that is palatable.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2023 Fischer rc one gt 82 180

Strong front side carving ski. Requires good balance and agression, likes lots of bof and cuff pressure. Just a tiny bit of heel pad prior to transition. Pay off is endless grip and full locked in carving. Damp refined version of classic Fischer feel. No negative feedback on variable hard to soft snow. They just shrug at scraped off mogul backsides and any icy refrozen inconsistent bits. Very predictable. Amazing tune. Looked beautiful. These are a lot of ski in a 180. I could ski a 173 in these as well.

Note, Madeline tried these in a 166. I saw her ski 4 turns and said, "I have never seen you ski better". Needless to say we got a pair ordered for her.

tromano

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are the 2022 and 2021 versions of this ski the same?

tromano

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Madeline got her new Fischer rc one 82 166 out to play this weekend.

She called it early and I was able to adjustem a bit and take a single run on little cat with her 166. I was impressed how much ski there is on these. I think I have a 173 in my future.

Sponsor