• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer RC One 82 GT

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: While the RC One 86 GT has been getting the lion's share of attention, it is the 82 GT that is the true sleeper of the collection. The 82mm waist is quick enough to make the groomers fun, yet wide enough that if it starts to snow, you don't immediately have to go back to the car to swap out skis.

Insider tip: IMHO, it is the gradual tip and taper in the tail that make the RC One skis ski so well and deceptively easy.​
Wade Holiday: I only got a couple of runs on this one, and it was great on the groomers: super edge hold, nice solid feel, really likes to move out! In my run down the scraped-out snow and bumps, it was much more opinionated than other 80-somethings I liked. The extra shape in the tip tends to get hung up in more 3D snow.

Insider tip: Mount and length feel true.​

Awards
Who is it for?
A skier looking for an all-mountain ski biased toward groomers but capable on a variety of terrain.
Who is it not for?
Skiers looking for a playful off-piste ski for bumps and trees.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
145, 152, 159, 166, 173, 180
Dimensions
125-82-112
Radius
15m@166cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. System
Last edited by a moderator:

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Keep in mind however that this ski is not simply a slimmed down RC One 86 GT. The 86 GT has two layers of .8mm titanal, while the 82 GT has an easier going two layers of .5mm titanal.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are the 2022 and 2021 versions of this ski the same?

JJ5250

Booting up
Skier
Is it worth buying the XTR RC One 82 GT RT with RSW 10 Binding..? ... I found a great deal on them .... yes I have 86gt's already (actually 2 pair) .... so is it worth it?....

Sponsor