• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2022 Fischer RC One 86 GT vs 2022 Rossignol Experience 86 Ti

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
2021-CAGE-MATCH-Rossignol-Fischer-SkiTalk.jpg

The Fischer RC One 86 GT has become a darling of many SkiTalk readers. It has been recommended numerous times by skiers with a wide range of skiing preferences which indicates the 86 GT wasn’t a one trick pony. The RC is an extremely versatile ski that works well both East and West, and if you are driving cross country, it would be happy making some turns in the Midwest too! The Fischer’s attributes lend itself to being solid on all conditions from firm ice to softer boot deep powder/mixed conditions. The RC One 86 GT’s gradual tip rise and bit of tail taper combined with a balanced flex makes for a strong performer, but not a demanding one.

The Rossignol Experience 86 Ti is all new in everything other than the Experience name. The new 86Ti brings in the best of the previous Experience generations: the aggressive sidecut of the original Experience and the gradual tip rise and flex pattern on the outgoing version. Rossignol’s combined design concept allows the new 86Ti to be much more versatile than either of the previous generations without losing what skiers liked about them. On snow feel is solid and connected no matter the conditions. The medium radius sidecut makes nice round turns and finishes them with authority, and the gradual tip rise and balanced flex makes the 86Ti very versatile off piste.
  • Why choose the Fischer RC One 86 GT: You prefer ease and understated performance and also like to work the ski through the turn.
  • Why choose the Rossignol Experience 86Ti: You are looking for an ever-so-slight groomer biased ski and like a strong finish out of the turn.
  • Insider tip: Both of these offerings are available flat, so you can choose the binding of your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Really good Cage Match. This tells me everything that I would want to know about these two. Thanks!

James

Out There
Instructor
Ha, the last line. Yeah, I even reread the whole thing to check, but not that part. Maybe because any outsider can stumble into a store, knock the ski rack over, and see if they’re flat.
Maybe we add a standard bold line on binding status for reviews?

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ha, the last line. Yeah, I even reread the whole thing to check, but not that part. Maybe because any outsider can stumble into a store, knock the ski rack over, and see if they’re flat.
Maybe we add a standard bold line on binding status for reviews?
IMO I think it would be more cumbersome to add binding status as a separate line. It’s also shown in the graphics when one ski is flat and the other has a system binding.

But that’s @Philpug ‘s and @Tricia ’s call.

Last edited:

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
How do they compare to the outgoing Sforce Bold? Trying to nail down my travel ski for this season. :)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dead-ish thread -- reading everything while pondering new 100s next season -- but I can report that in Season #2, I am still fully loving the Exp 86tis.

Shawster

Booting up
Skier
I'm stuck between these two for a one ski quiver for Ontario, in all conditions. As a clyde I lean towards the GT, but the experience would be easier to manage on those last few runs when the legs start burning

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rossi is more readily available at discounts in Ontario.
In Collingwood you can get the 86GT at Ricks Pro Shop, beside the North Lift parking lot at Blue. I think they offer it in their rental dept as well, but probably not longer than the mainstream 175 length. The 86GT has been around for about 5 years now and due for a refresh. They did a top-sheet change ( aka NGT = New Graphics Technology ) a couple years ago. I have its little brother the 82GT 173 and it was a fav of fine, however I gave it to my son who got back into skiing last year.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
They did a top-sheet change ( aka NGT = New Graphics Technology ) a couple years ago.
They did, and they did another top-sheet change to the 86 GT's for this upcoming model year. The newest graphics (something like a tan, blue, and yellow/green) are not my favorite. Still, it's a great ski.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ didn't know the 86GT got another refresh, but yucky topsheet IMO.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Onterrible = hard pack and ice. I’d be looking narrower than that. I’m in the same climate and run around on deacon 74’s on most days and Brahma 82’s on fresh snow or spring conditions.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm stuck between these two for a one ski quiver for Ontario, in all conditions. As a clyde I lean towards the GT, but the experience would be easier to manage on those last few runs when the legs start burning

I guess I'm a semi-clyde at 200 pounds, and I haven't skied the GT, but I continue to love my Rossi 86tis in 185. Really versatile with just a bit of tail rise that was not present on the GT. Lively enough that they don't feel like planks at wife-skiing speeds, but plenty happy at giddyup speeds. Contrary to a few reviews, I find them super-friendly off-piste in packed out snow, as well as shallow crud.

I got the system version because the price was right, I like fiddling with mount points, and the SPX system binding is the bomb.

Shawster

Booting up
Skier
Onterrible = hard pack and ice. I’d be looking narrower than that. I’m in the same climate and run around on deacon 74’s on most days and Brahma 82’s on fresh snow or spring conditions.
I'm really considering getting 2 skis instead of trying to do everything with one- Firebird HRC / Tbird R15 WB and an Enforcer 88

Shawster

Booting up
Skier
I guess I'm a semi-clyde at 200 pounds, and I haven't skied the GT, but I continue to love my Rossi 86tis in 185. Really versatile with just a bit of tail rise that was not present on the GT. Lively enough that they don't feel like planks at wife-skiing speeds, but plenty happy at giddyup speeds. Contrary to a few reviews, I find them super-friendly off-piste in packed out snow, as well as shallow crud.

I got the system version because the price was right, I like fiddling with mount points, and the SPX system binding is the bomb.

I demo'd the 86ti on a mashed potato day and they worked really well for me, tail release was nice when I wanted it to let go.

Sponsor

Staff online