• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer RC One 86 GT

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: The Fischer RC One GT 86 has a mouthful of a name; an accomplished skier could make it down the better part of some ski trails before saying the whole thing. There is no question that we have been impressed with Fischer's offerings in the past few years, especially those that say "RC" on them. These are some of the best-finished skis in both appearance and construction, and the new GT 86 is no exception. From the textured topskin to the jeweler-like precision of the bevel, this ski stands out on the rack and on the slopes.

Okay, so this all-new Fischer has a pretty face. There are a lot of pretty faces, but how does it ski? The first chance I had on it was in Big Sky at the Gathering. Unfortunately, that pair wasn't mine because my skis were sitting in the shipping/receiving department at SkiTalk's worldwide headquarters, aka they arrived while we were at the Gathering. I didn’t ski the Fischer at Copper, Mammoth, or Snowbasin, and I can be only so patient. I couldn’t wait another week, so I tried them at Big Sky. If you saw the pics from the Gathering, you saw that we got some really good snow, and the RC One GT 86 just killed it. It thrived in the bumps and trees, and it was especially confidence-inspiring in the milk-bottle visibility up high.

Read the full Long-Term Review HERE.

Insider tip: The GT 86 likes to charge. If you are looking for a ski to trust and not let you down, here ya go.​
Doug Briggs: I’m a sucker for a ski built like a race ski with an 18m radius. You can really rip on this one with stability at speed and grip to spare. It took to the piste with aplomb and laid down some really nice turns. Get it on edge and bend it, and it hooks right up.

Insider tip: Be careful: you’ll break the speed limit on these.​

Drahtguy Kevin: This smooth and stable mid-80s ski favors the groomed. The solid tail releases easily, making various turn shapes a hoot. The 86 is quick from edge to edge for a ski this wide.

Insider tip: This ski likes to be on edge​

Awards
Who is it for?
The race-inspired skier who also gets out on softer piste on a regular basis. This ski is fun! This is an 80/20 ski.
Who is it not for?
The powderhound or timid skier; those seeking a more 50/50 ski or who don't care to pop off crisp, energetic short-radius turns.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
161, 168, 175, 182
Dimensions
130-86-116
Radius
17m@175cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System

sortaold

Booting up
Skier
Is this the exact same construction as the 82 but with more waist? If so, is it safe to say this is still a very quick and responsive ski but with a little more forgiveness in a bit of depth or fresh?
That is, will it give me all the 82 will but possibly a bit more in varied terrain...?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is this the exact same construction as the 82 but with more waist? If so, is it safe to say this is still a very quick and responsive ski but with a little more forgiveness in a bit of depth or fresh?
That is, will it give me all the 82 will but possibly a bit more in varied terrain...?
Because of the tip and tail shape, the 86GT is one of the better mid 80mm skis in mixed conditions.

Sponsor