• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer RC4 The Curv GT

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like to extract the fun out of the ski, energy etc. That thing is super damp , gives no feedback or energy at decent speeds and it makes you ramp up the speed into GS territory and then it suddenly does start to bend and hook up and get very lively, but you will be acutely aware of it's 16m radius.

If that happened with a 20-25m radius, it's ok, it's not all unexpected, it won't hookup and scare you at speed, but this one has 16m so the risk of suddenly doing a slalom radius at GS speeds is not fun...

If you like the dampness and suspension at low speeds, I can bet it can be a nice ski. But if you're looking to extract the fun out of it... Uhh... It requires precision all of a sudden, because it starts to bend tight-ish.

I didn't spend much time on it and it was hardpack, so that likely plays into it, but that's what I got out of it.

That is a great explanation of the first generation GT's behavior. It's knumb at slow speeds and too reactive when it comes alive. It totally explains the Blister write up on that ski. I never understood why they liked the Curve so much and not the Curve GT. Now I get it and understand what Blister was saying in a much less eloquent manner. Kudos @razie

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Comparing the Fischer RC4 GT THE CURVE to the BLIZZARD THUNDERBIRD R15 WB, the Fischer is A) Way more ski B) About the same C) they really are very different skis.
*C.

*I would say somewhat different.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I realize this doesn’t really contribute to the thread, but I absolutely love the graphics on this model.

Sponsor