• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer RC4 World Cup CT

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: OMG, what a tool ... more like a scalpel, one with a specific purpose: To Lay Trenches. This ski just wants to be on edge and make arcs. While the CT is not a true race ski, it has many of those attributes. It is stiff, it is well built, and it has Fischer’s race plate with a medium 15.5m turn radius in the reference 175cm size. Getting this ski on edge is a treat, and the better and more technically proficient the skier, the more rewarding the RC4 CT will be.

Long-term update: The RC4 CT reminds me how much I like a 15m ski. It also reminded me how much I like a race ski construction, raiser plate, high-DIN metal binding (Fischer Z17), good tune, 65mm waist ... you get the idea. Yes, there are people who don't want to make a day's worth of turns in one run (SL) or have to ski at mach speeds (GS), but they do want the feel and performance option to mix up their turn shapes. Enter the new Fischer RC4 CT.​
There are some skis that you choose on turn shape, and usually there are two to pick from. The CT is a ski for which there could be three choices: short, medium, or long. I chose the middle and went medium, and I think it was the right move.​

Insider tip: While the plate will accommodate a demo/system binding, don’t insult the RC4 CT by dumbing it down with a lesser binding choice: a Z13 or Z17 is all but demanded to get the most out of the ski.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Technical skiers who want a race ski with a turn radius in the mid-teens; instructors who are going for their next level.
Who is it not for?
Tail pushers; skiers who are trying to fake it until they make it. No, you need to be at the grownup table to appreciate the RC4 CT.
Skier ability
  1. Expert
Ski category
  1. Race
  2. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
165, 170, 175, 180, 185
Dimensions
113-65-98
Radius
15.5m@175cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Plate
Last edited by a moderator:

maxwerks

Booting up
Skier
Added these to my shortlist for cheater GS with ~16m radius. Any thoughts on how these compare to rhe Rossi / Dyna Master with R22 and Salomon X/Max Blast? Clearly the Fischers will be quicker edge to edge with a 65 waist that is less than some of my FIS SL. Do they give up on snow type versatility because of this, i.e. limited to ice tracks? Or still enjoyable in mixed track conditions?

Last edited:

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Added these to my shortlist for cheater GS with ~16m radius. Any thoughts on how these compare to rhe Rossi / Dyna Master with R22 and Salomon X/Max Blast? Clearly the Fischers will be quicker edge to edge with a 65 waist that is less than some of my FIS SL. Do they give up on snow type versatility because of this, i.e. limited to ice tracks? Or still enjoyable in mixed track conditions?
I would say they're a little more smooth than the R22 plates Rossis, a bit less demanding. They're more balanced than the S/Max Blast. So all in all, the CTs are the most finesse-kind of ski of the three, without giving in on power. In terms of versatility (different snow types, skied-out runs, etc.), I would prefer the S/Max Blast. Or better still: the 2022 Fischer the Curv with the M/O plate. It now has a bit shorter radius too and I think it's the most versatile ski with a plate and a medium turn radius.

maxwerks

Booting up
Skier
For true frontside versatility I already have a Croc AM77 which overlaps reasonably with the Curv. Looking to add a more technical cheater GS. I guess one can't really go wrong with any of these options so might just take up the best offer that comes along. Dyna Master 2020 R22 new for 499 euro. Same ski with Konect new for 399. S/MAX Blast 2020 new for 399, Fischer RC4 CT z13 2021 used as new for 500, Nordica Spitfire RB new 449. Quality of the binding matters too, in this comparison I would rate Fischer z13 higher than SPX12, Z12 and Xcell 12. Wondering if the legacy z16 bindings are compatible with the CT plate?

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I would say they're a little more smooth than the R22 plates Rossis, a bit less demanding. They're more balanced than the S/Max Blast. So all in all, the CTs are the most finesse-kind of ski of the three, without giving in on power. In terms of versatility (different snow types, skied-out runs, etc.), I would prefer the S/Max Blast. Or better still: the 2022 Fischer the Curv with the M/O plate. It now has a bit shorter radius too and I think it's the most versatile ski with a plate and a medium turn radius.

Be careful throwing the new 2022 The Curv in with the CT (and other race-inspired/bred consumer skis). Fischer is no longer bringing their race construction to The Curv series like they have in prior seasons. The new Curv series is a more "approachable" ski for the masses (not as stiff, less metal, relaxed sidecut, etc.). The CT is still built on the race ski layup designs.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I know. I have skied the new Curvs and I still believe that they are just as high performance as they were before, just a bit more refined now. Most recreational skiers and technical skiers will love the Curv M/O Plate and the GT too. My opinion, of course.

Gapak

Booting up
Skier
Come si confrontano con gli Head Worldcup E Race Pro?
These are my first comments after a general test 2023/2024 of the top models of the R15-R17 "multi-spoke" category

Head E-race Pro 175
Compared to the old model geometry (same name but the yellow one), which imho was more similar to an elongated slalom ski, this new version looks a bit like a more versatile giant slalom ski.
It handles very well, without however having an aggressive spatula like the old one. You transition easily from one side to another, but not with a strong "carving" effect given only by your feet. This seems to be somewhat the common figure of various top models R15-R16 that I tested in the first days of the 2023/24 season.
However, the effect is solid and stable skiing, quite smooth and comfortable, but not as aggressive as on the old models. Even compared to the much older one, the normal I-race without a plate, therefore a step below in performance, seemed less responsive to me.
Very stable, but not very fun and exiting.
My rating 7

Fischer RC4 CT 175
I would say the model that combines all the desirable characteristics: stable, indeed very stable, it absorbs vibrations well, the spatula grab you into the curve with minimal input from the feet, the flex is very gradual.
The ski seems glued to the ground like and more than the others. You really don't feel the speed riding them.
It is not a light-weight; probably due to the M-Plate; this probably makes it a little more tiring than the Nordica Dobermann Multigara (which I had just tested before), but I verified that, with a little effort, even short turns on a steep wall with hard snow can be achieved with excellent satisfaction.
Compared to the Head e-race pro, the theoretically most similar and competing ski, here we have a greater curve closing action and spatula grip. All it takes is a little pronation-supination of the feet, a little work on the internal knee and the ski closes the trajectories upwards to where you want it (as if it had a more generous geometry on the tip and tail than what you would expect). But in any case it doesn't pay a price in terms of torsion and as the speed increases, without ever feeling the tip or tail scraping on the snow in an unpleasant way.
The rebound is a little greater than on the Nordica Multigara and the Head E-race pro, but still very gradual.
The best ski I've tried in its category.
My Rating 9

I hope these feedback can be useful (and sorry if my english can sound a little stange sometime :)

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For those that like to take an eRace Pro off piste, how does the CT compare? Thinking of the lack of tips here.

Sponsor