• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Fischer RC4 Worldcup RC Pro

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil: Yes, you know we love the RC4 CT, the mid-radius ski with race ski construction. Well, it has a little brother with not as much Type A personality -- his name is RC4 RC. The construction of the black-as-its-soul RC is slightly detuned. Note, I said "slightly" because the RC is still a ripper, and 90% of skiers will step up to the CT only because they want to, not because they need to. This is a ski with a relatively small sweet spot that is quite intolerant of lollygaggers: it wants to go.

Insider tip: Like other skis in this wave of offerings, expect one of the best base structures in the market.​

Erik Timmerman: The first ski I took out during the demo and a great choice as it hadn't started to snow yet. RC stands for "Race Carver," and it will do both things. It has a pretty wide performance envelope and is more forgiving than say, the RC4 CT, which almost asks you for a FIS license when you click into the binding. This ski says NASTAR or beer league all over it. It is versatile enough to do long and short turns at your leisure, but its 60-something waist says, "Don't take me into the trees."

Insider tip: If you really like the short turns, Fischer still has the SC.​

Who is it for?
Club racers who want to free ski the same ski they race with. Parents of Academy kids. NASTAR and beer league racers.
Who is it not for?
You might not need your A-game, but your B-game won't cut it, either. "I want a ski that can rip on trails and then ski in the woods" -- that one is called the RC One 86 GT.
Skier ability
  1. Expert
Ski category
  1. Race
  2. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
165, 170, 175, 180, 185
Dimensions
111-66-96
Radius
18m@175cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Plate

Don'tfit

Putting on skis
Skier
It does appear that the radius of this ski should have been on the CT chassis for league racing. Is the only difference the two lthe base with the rest of the built up layers the same?

Sponsor