• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Ford Maverick

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess no one else remembers the original Ford Maverick.
I think it's blasphemous to stick the name on a truck, but I hear that those infidels have recycled the name for any number of things.

My neighbor had a 302 2-door when I was in Jr. High in the '70's, and then in the early 80's I knew a guy who put a built 351 Windsor in one. They both moved pretty good.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think it's blasphemous to stick the name on a truck, but I hear that those infidels have recycled the name for any number of things.
This was blasphemous. Chevy Nova
chevrolet-nova-39.jpg

IMHO, the Maverick name is more suited for a truck than a car. Ford has been using the Maverick name on a golbal platform SUV for years. Plus, the new maverick is being marketed to a generation that their parents were barely even driving when the original Maverick was being produced, 1977 was the last year. I don't think the Maverick name will stop one sale to anyone who needs what this trucklet will do.

Reactions: Ogg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
The SSR, was loosely built from the UTE. It didn't have the payload or towing, but it did have a bed :)
The GMC Syclone only had a 500lb load capacity but I would have still happily driven one. I always felt the SSR missed the mark a bit.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
The GMC Syclone only had a 500lb load capacity but I would have still happily driven one. I always felt the SSR missed the mark a bit.
Oh I agree , I would love to own one. I fell in love with that truck when it came out. I was working at a GMC dealership over the summer during college. I was thrilled when I got to get in it and just drive it to the wash bay. Crazy fast for that timeframe. Heck a 4.3 0-60 is still considered fast today.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
217423632_239251064699713_3449325895554507337_n-jpg.843

I have been asking for something like this for a while. A smaller SUV that actually has room for your stuff verses just being a raised 4-door hatchback.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Ya know, I was just wondering this morning if someone could revive Plymouth names...specifically the Duster.
I mean..I'm with ya...but..some of the new cars are so bad. Even the old ones were..well.. However, I love some of those names..and some of the cars. The 340 Duster..the Scamp...the Dart..
1626397460211.png

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If Dodge does decide to get back into this segment, Rampage seems to make the logical choice for the name.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I mean..I'm with ya...but..some of the new cars are so bad. Even the old ones were..well.. However, I love some of those names..and some of the cars. The 340 Duster..the Scamp...the Dart..
View attachment 137771
My vote for a return name would be Road Runner (a Plymouth IIRC). A friend of my brother had one with a hopped up 440 six-pack. It was fast.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If we're "bringing back" Dodge vehicles, how about the wagon version of the current Charger?!

That would be hard to pass up in AWD, though the tailgate was weird, what with the upper hinge being a foot or two forward on the roof.

Made roof racks very challenging.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If we're "bringing back" Dodge vehicles, how about the wagon version of the current Charger?!

That would be hard to pass up in AWD, though the tailgate was weird, what with the upper hinge being a foot or two forward on the roof.

Made roof racks very challenging.
Was the Magnum before it's time? I had a sales rep buddy who had one as his travel vehicle. He loved it.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ya know, I was just wondering this morning if someone could revive Plymouth names...specifically the Duster.
While we’re at it, how about AMC names... specifically the Gremlin. Would have loved to have been in that meeting. I swear the AMC design department were on some kind of fun
recreational drugs in the 70’s.