• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Ford Maverick

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm referring to cost of a new one to compare apples to apples. You're not getting into a new, decently equipped Yukon XL for less than $60K.
You can't get a decent one for less than $70K....hence why we didn't get one. But you specifically said "your Yukon".
You could buy 2-3 Mavericks for the cost of your Yukon, then you'd have plenty of space for 4 people and their gear, you'd probably use about the same about of fuel as well..:huh:
But then you are also talking the maintenance, insurance, titling, parking and everything else of having a third vehicle.

Reactions: Ogg

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Maverick-Size-Comparison.jpg
I have heard it is built on the focus/escape unibody. So think escape with a bed, instead of a cargo area.

The 2022 Ford Maverick is Borrowing From the Escape (motorbiscuit.com)
"AutoBlog also shared a photo of the rear suspension. It shows a twist-beam style setup without a rear differential. This means that the Maverick could be a unibody truck that offers all-wheel-drive, like the Ford Escape and Bronco Sport.

These clues suggest that the Maverick will ride on the Ford Escape platform like the Bronco Sport does. The Maverick may be offered with a cheaper front-wheel-drive variant, offer AWD for off-roading, and there could be a beefier trim model for adventuring too.
Unfortunately, Ford has been pretty secretive about the Maverick so far. What if these photos are about a baby Ford Bronco pickup truck instead? That would be quite a surprise. However, most rumors point to a new Maverick truck instead. "

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think GM and Dodge are scrambling to come up with a competitor...my guess we will see stop gaps line (finally) bringing over some of the compact trucks/utes offered in the rest of the world. I read elsewhere that this is a modern 64 1/2 Mustang or 90 Miata and I have to agree, an inexpensive niche filler.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I don’t see how that’s a direct competitor. The Blazer is more aimed at the Explorer market.
Ahh yes you are correct. Just looked..much more "cute-ute" really. Maybe they're firing up the creative department as we speak?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
GM has come offerings they could work on getting federalized

Screen-shot-2015-07-15-at-10.32.41-AM.png

1623553893412.jpeg

2023-chevrolet-montana-small-pickup-truck-confirmed-for-production-in-brazil_1.jpg

2023-chevrolet-montana-small-pickup-truck-confirmed-for-production-in-brazil_2.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
GM has come offerings they could work on getting federalized

How about the Holden SS Ute from down under.

6-liter (IIRC) V8 anyone?!

GM sold the sedan version here for awhile. Stupendous sedan, but.....sedan.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
How about the Holden SS Ute from down under.

6-liter (IIRC) V8 anyone?!

Gone even from Oz. As in "no more Holden".

There is still -sort of- a 'Holden Special Vehicle' division but basically a repackaging of Silverados and Camaros.

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bring it back as the El Camino.

The Elk FTW!

If GM had offered an SS wagon, there would be one in my garage.

Just couldn't wrap my head around a sedan. It would sit home a lot.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'd be OK if it had a LSA with big wheels and tires and a modern suspension.
I'd prefer that, personally. A well sorted, supercharged 6.2l will likely smoke any old school big block while still being a reliable daily driver.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January