• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Head Worldcup Rebels e-Race Pro

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: This is the first ski in a while that made me think I wanted to don a race suit and get into a Thursday night beer league. It just wants to be laid over on edge and turn and turn and turn some more. I am glad I took them out after the mountain got scraped off, because the harder the snow, the better it performed. While the e-Pro is not a full-bore race ski, it is as close to one as you will find.

Insider tip: Bring your A-game. I love a ski that comes in 5cm increments.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Those who think the Supershapes are a little too warm and fuzzy.
Who is it not for?
If you cannot appreciate a good groomer, stay on your fat skis.
Skier ability
  1. Expert
Ski category
  1. Race
  2. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
160, 165, 170, 175, 180
Dimensions
121-68-102
Radius
14.4m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Plate
Last edited by a moderator:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Looks like the 2023 is available in Europe. Just NGT?

Under 1k with a ff 16? You won't see that price at a US retailer. Snap'em up. These were a favorite at the Head tent last Feb. Great ski.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
ERace feels stronger, heavier, more connected to the snow.. the. X9S (pretty sure this is the one i skied) feels very light underfoot... fun ski, but not as solid feeling... it just depends on what you like.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If 170 is your size...

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A great deal on 2023 e-Race Pros with FF ST16 bindings -- when you can time it. For some reason, BobLeisure is periodically toggling the price from $1300 to $790. It's gone up and down at least a few times now. I'm not sure what's going on.

But it is legit. I got my 180s at the $790 price, delivered very quick to the US.

IMG_7167.jpg

Matt Merritt

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to figure out all the different graphics. Are @tomahawkins' skis Euro graphics or 2023 or? I checked to make sure the site was legit and, once comfortable, tried to buy a pair but my credit card company set off a screaming fraud alarm and locked my card until I sign some letter they're supposed to be sending me via snail mail. I contacted Bob Leisure to explain and confirm I'd be receiving 2023 skis and bindings. They told me they wouldn't be receiving their 2023 skis until next week. Will be watching the price jumping and will try again once my bank calms down.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to figure out all the different graphics. Are @tomahawkins' skis Euro graphics or 2023 or? I checked to make sure the site was legit and, once comfortable, tried to buy a pair but my credit card company set off a screaming fraud alarm and locked my card until I sign some letter they're supposed to be sending me via snail mail. I contacted Bob Leisure to explain and confirm I'd be receiving 2023 skis and bindings. They told me they wouldn't be receiving their 2023 skis until next week. Will be watching the price jumping and will try again once my bank calms down.

Good question. As far as I can tell, the '21 and '22 versions of this ski looks like this as several Euro sites were also selling this ski, whereas the 2023 version has a bigger "HEAD". I could be wrong, but I think the nose shape looks a little different from '22 to '23. Does anyone know if construction was updated for '23?

If it helps, here's a shot of the product label on my skis:

IMG_7209.jpg

One thing to be careful of is BobLeisure doesn't do a good job specifying which bindings come with the ski. There are 4 price options corresponding to an FF 11, FF 14, FF 14 ST, and FF 16 ST, with the FF 16 ST being the most expensive. It looks like they got the pictures right though -- if you zoom in you can see the right bindings in the pictures. What was unreasuring was the front picture for the FF 16 ST, just showed the binding, not the ski.

Note, they are also selling the e-Speed Pros for the same prices.

Due to the sketchy nature of the transaction, I went with PayPal. PayPal didn't release the funds until the ski shipped and I had a tracking number -- actually two of them since the skis and bindings originated from two different locations.

Good luck! I'm pondering if I need some e-Speed Pros too or maybe another e-Race size...

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And it's back up to $1300. Again. This is the weirdest pricing model I've ever seen. At least a couple of us have snagged pairs at $790. Wait awhile, it might fall back down...

James

Out There
Instructor
… and back down to $760.
I wonder if it’s how you access the site. I was looking at a ski on Telemark Pyrenees, that was five something. I went back a week later, going directly to their site, and it was 700 something. I then searched on google, and the exact same site came up with 500 something, the old discounted price.
That happened at least twice.

I am getting your $760 going off your link-
08ED0416-B128-4E43-BFC8-462A0C619103.jpeg

blue

Putting on skis
Skier
Never had race skis before. I know GW is out but do regular alpine binding boots fit? Or do I need race boots with thick soles?

James

Out There
Instructor
Any alpine boot will fit. The lug thickness is standardized for all.

Sponsor