• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Kästle ZX100

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As soon as I skied the ZX108, I thought, We are going to see a ZX98 in 3, 2, 1…. Sure enough, here is a ZX100. This is not the narrow ZX I expected, which is not a bad thing. I was hoping for more of a Bonafide- or Mindbender 99Ti-type competitor, but this ZX with its longer tip rise and earlier taper is more a resort-powder ski -- again, not a bad thing, and also why we do reviews the way we do, to help people have realistic expectations. I am glad we had some softer fresh snow at Waterville Valley where I initually demoed the all-new ZX because it allowed it to show its playful side in its natural environment.

Insider tip: Another bargain- value-priced ski in the Kästle family.​

Who is it for?
A finesse skier looking for a ski that will be as fun in trees and off piste as it is on the groomers.
Who is it not for?
Bigger, stronger skiers might overpower it.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
  4. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
168, 175, 181, 189
Dimensions
134-100-121
Radius
18m@181cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. All new
Ski Weight:
1950g
Binding options
  1. Flat
Last edited by a moderator:

jcjpdx

Getting on the lift
Skier
I recently became aware of this ski and am happy for the review. I have been looking for a ski to replace the Atomic Access, which has been about my favorite ski ever. I am a 66 yo finesse skier, PNW, usually venture into Colorado or Utah once a year. I ski most blacks and blues, and I dodge on and off the piste into untracked, moguls and open glades. The Access suited me well, and reviews about the ZX100 sound very similar. Is the comparison apt?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I recently became aware of this ski and am happy for the review. I have been looking for a ski to replace the Atomic Access, which has been about my favorite ski ever. I am a 66 yo finesse skier, PNW, usually venture into Colorado or Utah once a year. I ski most blacks and blues, and I dodge on and off the piste into untracked, moguls and open glades. The Access suited me well, and reviews about the ZX100 sound very similar. Is the comparison apt?
With more tip and tail rise, the ZX100 will be a bit more off piste biased than the old Atomic Access but you will deffinately retain that playful feel that you liked but with a modern flair.

Sponsor