• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Liberty Evolv 100

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Yes, this is the love child of the retired Liberty’s V-Series and core Origin lines. The Evolv takes the Origin’s shape philosophy and infuses it with the V-Series' fantastic VMT construction. Surprisingly, I found it to be one of the damper skis in the category. The Evolv 100 wanted to run; it was one of the few skis that had a minimum speed limit, as it took a few mph to wake up.

Insider tip: Liberty’s out-of-the-box tune has been fantastic.​

Drahtguy Kevin: I was fortunate to test this ski at the Copper test a few seasons ago and at ABasin. The attributes of the 90 carry over to the 100. The 100 is a smidge smoother, probably because of the added width, but lacks the quickness of the 90. The predictability and confidence remain. I was surprised on the 179 at ABasin by the 100’s ability to handle the powder day we were blessed with. I expected the ski to dive and be more work in the shorter-than-desired length. It wasn’t. Skiing the trees in the Beaver was ecstasy, as were any bumps encountered. @Ron and I have gone toe to toe comparing the Evolv 90 and 100; he prefers the 100, and I the 90. I may be changing my mind after more time on the 100.

Insider tip: Either Evolv is a win. Pick the width you prefer.​

Andy Mink: This one really caught my attention. With the same build as the Evolv 90 plus 10 mm, the Evolv 100 is a ski that may appeal to a broader audience. While it loses a little (very little) in the groomer department to the 90, it more than makes up for it in the powder/chop department. It was nimble both in deeper snow and on soft bumps with a good dose of damp added in the mix. The 100 still has enough shape and stiffness to carve quite well on the groomers that get you back to the lift.

A few other things about this ski, and other Liberty products, are the durable topsheet and excellent out-of-the-box bases. Very high quality work shows on these skis.

Awards
Who is it for?
This might be the one-ski quiver for the Western skier who stays mostly around lift-served areas. Bigger chargers will get a lot out of it.
Who is it not for?
Lighter finesse skiers -- but that's where I found the Evolv 90 to excel. The big mountain, deep powder junkie.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
172, 179, 186
Dimensions
139-100-122
Radius
19m@179cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Updated construction
  2. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat
Last edited by a moderator:

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any comments about how the addition of more VMT effects this year's skis vs last year's?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any comments about how the addition of more VMT effects this year's skis vs last year's?
Evolutionary...a slight difference. Honestly, I would need to ski them back to back to be completely fair.

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks! As I've posted before, I really like the 20/21 pair I have. I was thinking of upgrading to the new ones (partly to get off the Tyrolia demo bindings), but It's not a priority (especially since I don't get to use them much). I think I deserve some new SL skis this year. ogsmile

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks! As I've posted before, I really like the 20/21 pair I have. I was thinking of upgrading to the new ones (partly to get off the Tyrolia demo bindings), but It's not a priority (especially since I don't get to use them much). I think I deserve some new SL skis this year. ogsmile
You will get as much if not more from swapping the demo bindings off to a flat mount and a fresh tune that a new model.

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I figured, just curious... Mine have a very good tune on them right now, I hadn't really thought about swapping off the bindings though, that's food for thought. Some Raw Look Pivot 15's would probably be my choice. Dang it, I had decided not to spend any money on anything other than my SL skis this year! Well, I also really want to try some Firebird HRC's (haven't been on those yet), and those Deacon 76 Masters seem interesting...:roflmao:

Last edited:

Sponsor