• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Liberty Evolv 90 W

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: Pinch me! Can a ski look this good and ski this good? Yes it can! This is one of the two Evolv skis that Liberty brought to the women’s side starting last year. Now I know what the guys were talking about. You quickly fall in love with this one, and it ends up being an obvious pick when you aren’t sure what the conditions are going to serve up. While it isn't really a carving ski, it carves pretty darn well and still does what it promises to do off piste and in the steeps. I had a chance to ski it in some chutes and moguls on a day that had a few inches of snow, and I kept saying, “Let's do that again!" I’m still trying to figure out how a ski can feel so nimble and calm and stable -- but that’s what the Evolv 90 W does. And don't get me started on the lipstick pink graphics this year.

Insider tip: If you’re looking for more of a frontside ski, check out the Evolv 84 W.​

Awards
Who is it for?
A skier looking for a fun off-piste ski that can still handle groomers.
Who is it not for?
Lemme think on that.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
151, 158, 165, 172
Dimensions
132-90-115
Radius
14m@158cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Length advice would be welcome and could help others who are considering this ski like I am. Is it correct that this ski has significantly less rocker than my Santa Ana 88s, which I ski in a 165 which feels perfect? I am debating sizing down to the 158 with this ski as I do like skis with less rocker to be a bit shorter, especially if they have a flatter, less rockered tail. I have the Liberty VMT 82 in a 158 for reference, and it does not feel short.

I love the pink topsheet. I'm not always one to embrace pink but these are just way cool.

twentytolife

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Tricia: Pinch me! Can a ski look this good and ski this good? Yes it can! This is one of the two Evolv skis that Liberty brought to the women’s side starting last year. Now I know what the guys were talking about. You quickly fall in love with this one, and it ends up being an obvious pick when you aren’t sure what the conditions are going to serve up. While it isn't really a carving ski, it carves pretty darn well and still does what it promises to do off piste and in the steeps. I had a chance to ski it in some chutes and moguls on a day that had a few inches of snow, and I kept saying, “Let's do that again!" I’m still trying to figure out how a ski can feel so nimble and calm and stable -- but that’s what the Evolv 90 W does. And don't get me started on the lipstick pink graphics this year.

Insider tip: If you’re looking for more of a frontside ski, check out the Evolv 84 W.​
my wife is looking for a replacement for a pair of salomon geisha skis, which she loved for skiing the heavy pacific northwest snow at Mt Baker. they were 92 mm under foot and 153 cm long. twin tips, but no park for her. she has a pair of liberty genesis 96 skis which she likes for deep "light" snow days (we do get them now and then). she finds them a little too big for trees and thinks the tip is too soft when its firm. do you think that the liberty evolve 90w would be good for her needs? she is 5 ft 2 inches tall, weighs about 103 lbs and been skiing for more than 50 years.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
my wife is looking for a replacement for a pair of salomon geisha skis, which she loved for skiing the heavy pacific northwest snow at Mt Baker. they were 92 mm under foot and 153 cm long. twin tips, but no park for her. she has a pair of liberty genesis 96 skis which she likes for deep "light" snow days (we do get them now and then). she finds them a little too big for trees and thinks the tip is too soft when its firm. do you think that the liberty evolve 90w would be good for her needs? she is 5 ft 2 inches tall, weighs about 103 lbs and been skiing for more than 50 years.
The Evolv 90 is a great choice for her if she's replacing the Geisha.
I think the Evolv will be a little less playful than the Geisha, but it has other attributes that make it quite desireable.

Last edited:

Sponsor