• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Liberty Teaser

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We had a chance to get on some of the 2022 Liberty skis. Evolvs now have VMT 3.0...which is three strips of Vertical Metal Technology. The all-new Origin and Genesis 101, a resort powder playful ski, and the Genesis 96 now have VMT 1.0, which -- as you guessed it -- has one strip of VMT. Reviews forthcoming.
tempImage3twRp5.png

A0F2AE11-0520-46CB-A7F6-1197B6432509.JPG

tempImageZ8XglV.png

0C899EDA-6683-4A7C-892A-F328E5D660F3.JPG

tempImagemMajMW.png

96834248-EFE2-4FCF-908C-33C0B5B2A3CF.JPG

tempImagefIk7Nx.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Man those graphics remind me of my Enforcers!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice graphics on @Tricia's skis. At first, I did think you were all on Enforcers.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
all of the graphics on the Origins pop and are vivid, very colorful in a good way. It must be the low light conditions we had, these look nothing like an enforcer. The graphics on Trish's Genesis 96 are especially sharp. The new Evolv graphics features a width specific color way (light gray, red and blue) with nice clean graphics. Classy.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Very colorful without being "bro". Nice looking skis.

pcjer

Booting up
Skier
It's there a review out on the Origin? Couldn't find it tried. Very interested how it compares to previous versions with the VMT in it.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I skied the Liberty Origin 101 at Steamboat earlier when the first pics were taken and with the out of the box tune, they were not ready for prime time and skied sub par. I cannot and will not review a ski based on a lack of a poor tune and we also should not have even skied the skis in the state they were.
imagejpeg_0-1.jpg
I was able to have the skis spend some time at Smoothrides and now they were ready to be skied. The conditions I got to ski the new Origin 101 were ideal for the ski, 4" over some refrozen variable condtions. There are two Liberty's that would have been good for today, the Evolv 100 and the Origin 101, two skis that were designed for two different skiers for these condtions, yes there will be a Cage Match in the fall.

The Origin 101 was fun and playful with it's VMT 1.0 (meaning there is one vertical metal sheet in the ski). The ski was light and poppy even when the condtions got adverse. This is a ski that errs more to a finesse skier than a charger. Expect a full review come the fall.

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
I am very much looking forward to your review of the new Liberty Origin 101. The 100ish width has always been a rather glaring gap in that product series and I'm hoping they get a good blend of keeping the playful and fun style of the Origin while getting a bit more guts and bite from the VMT 1.0. True 1SQ territory, if you will.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ooh! We've also gotta talk about their Origin & Genesis Backcountry versions. I've helped a lot of progressing women build PNW touring setups and the 100-something, forgiving, touring appropriate skis get mad expensive outside the Blaze 106 - like the Mystics, Traces, Backlands, Waybacks. If they're as competitively priced as they are with the existing Origin/Genesis line, I'll expect to see a lot of these pop up at the trailhead come next winter.

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tease me some more... I finally got a couple days in on my 2021 evolv 100s at Winter Park in the April snows and really liked them. Man that's a easy ski to cruise around on all day. So quiet and smooth. Is there really a significant difference with the new version? Mine have demo bindings and now that I know I like them I might upgrade to vmt 3.0 and some Look turntables. Which seems silly now that I type it but what the heck you only live once. But then again I haven't tried the Mantra M6 or 102s for that matter, and I'd really to try those Fischer 102s in pink... So many skis, so little time...