• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Line Blade W

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: This ski is quite the diversion for Line Skis, so it piqued my interest. With this width, I would probably try it in a different length, but the ski tech manning the Line tent said this was the right length for me. This ski was good at plowing through crud and delivering a sense of stability, but it took a little effort to get on edge. My gut says that it was a little stiff for me in this length and I should give it another try in the 167 length. I’ll be reaching out to the Line rep when we get back on snow.

Long-term update: I got my wish and spent the entire day on the Line Blade in 167. After spending a lot of time on early-season groomers with skinny skis, the first few turns on the Blade were definitely a different sensation. Fortunately Mt Rose had a few inches of fresh snow overnight, giving me a chance to put the Blade through a variety of conditions, including moguls, cut-up crud and groomers.
This ski is stable, confidence-inspiring, and downright unflappable. I might even call it my bodyguard: just when I feel like there's a threat in my path, the Blade steps in with arms crossed and says in a serious voice, "Not on my watch!"

Insider tip: They drew a Line in the sand -- errrrr, snow -- with this one.​
Philpug: Just for $hits and giggles I skied the women's 167s, and all I can say is, "What a hoot!" Getting on these immediately reminded me of when I first skied the Elan SCX back in 1995. They started us off on the 183, then once we got the feel of them, dropped us to the 163.

The 167cm version of the Blade was a whole lot of fun with very little loss in stability from the 174. If I lived on a smallish (sub-500ft) hill that was prone to freak storms, this would definitely be on my short list. No pun intended.

These really shouldn't be sold by length, but either by turn shape (Short, Shorter, Shorterest) or fun factor (Fun, Funner, Funnerest).

Insider tip: In a 167, these have very similar dimensions to the old Renoun Z-90.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Someone looking for something unconventional.
Who is it not for?
Skiers looking for a nimble daily driver.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Off Piste
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
153, 160, 167
Dimensions
140-92-114
Radius
"Tight," per Line's data sheet
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. Dimensions
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat
Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
@AmyPJ - I was wondering if that was you!!! I get those emails and enter the contest every week. Just hoping to win something.... Congratulations!!!

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I just won a pair of these from Blister Gear! I guess I'd better get out on them and put them through their paces then write a review :ogbiggrin:

Lucky you! I was hoping to win. I entered the contest here, too. Of course these giveaways of great skis are not helping me with my goal to have an entirely @Blossom Skis quiver.

Congratulations though. Can’t wait to read your review.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ - I was wondering if that was you!!! I get those emails and enter the contest every week. Just hoping to win something.... Congratulations!!!
I enter weekly, too and when I read the newsletter, said "no way!" What fun!
Dibs if you don't like.
Thinking of mounting demo bindings on them. Every review I read is that they are just oodles of fun and fantastic in crud, which I need.
Ha. Not sure how tall you are @Tony S, but I think Amy is closer to my size at 5'1". You going to get the 153 or 160?
I'm 5'5" and got the 160 based on Phil and Tricia's advice.

Because I ski about 5 days per week, these should get ample time on snow in various conditions. I'm not sure how they'll feel compared to a Stockli Nela 88, which will also get ample time on snow. I'll take one for the team and find out!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
60 years old; well used.
Yes, very experienced :ogbiggrin:

I found a pair of Atomic Warden 11 demo bindings for $105 total USD from Corbetts in Canada (that price includes shipping.) They are white and mint and will look hideous on these skis but I don't care. I want others to be able to try the skis and didn't want to drop serious coin on a binding.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ - Update on the Blade?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ - Update on the Blade?
I haven't skied them yet. I drag them up to the mountain, get on my Nelas, and never go get the Blades. Maybe this weekend... (that's how much I love the Nelas.)

Sponsor