• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Mountain Biking

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Aggie is tough for the first ride of the season. Mountain or lake side?

I did the western half of the Ring Trail. Thought it would be easier (less roots and rocks) Also thought I was in good biking shape from stationary riding all winter - but found out it doesn’t quite translate.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I did the western half of the Ring Trail. Thought it would be easier (less roots and rocks) Also thought I was in good biking shape from stationary riding all winter - but found out it doesn’t quite translate.
I will probably do Bacon Hill tomorrow and maybe some more. Then Augie on the way home Sunday sounds interesting. I have been getting out, but not at least 4 days a week and we don’t have big hills in my town.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I will probably do Bacon Hill tomorrow and maybe some more. Then Augie on the way home Sunday sounds interesting. I have been getting out, but not at least 4 days a week and we don’t have big hills in my town.

Mt A is not very big, but those river bed rock trails and big root sections make it seem bigger than it is. Can be fun if you like that kind of thing and aren't out of riding form on a hardtail....
Even in form, and at my level I go there because it close by (and sometimes just to test myself)

Are you familiar with The Smith Preserve in Kennebunk ? That's more my speed. It has a big variety of long runs but not a lot of elevation.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Bacon Hill looks A LoT like Mt A on Trail Forks...

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Saw a moose today. No pics though, so this will have to do.
C4AF36D0-48BD-4A54-9EB9-A04E4A557684.jpeg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bacon Hill looks A LoT like Mt A on Trail Forks...
It’s easy but hilly and it was HOT today. No riverbed rocks.
We have rocks galore at my regular home, but up here they build the trails with nice clay dirt. Much easier if you are used to rocky crap. The hard ones are sometimes quite dangerous so be careful of the double blacks.

Just a random picture from today.

Attachments

• 8F4DB9CE-06FA-4819-BFB7-A69E300884C3.jpeg
    8F4DB9CE-06FA-4819-BFB7-A69E300884C3.jpeg
    499.3 KB · Views: 13

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mt Appetite in Auburn Maine is lots of fun. If anyone wants a tour, let me know.

That does look fun - I know people who go mineral hunting there nut didn't realize there were bike trails.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That does look fun - I know people who go mineral hunting there nut didn't realize there were bike trails.
I was checking that out. A lot of the mining sites are closed to the public, but I know a few.

I met up with my buddy at the University Southern Maine in Gorham yesterday. There is some good stuff there.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was checking that out. A lot of the mining sites are closed to the public, but I know a few.

I met up with my buddy at the University Southern Maine in Gorham yesterday. There is some good stuff there.
Weeks/Moody trails ?
I love that place

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January