• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Mountain Biking

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
My buddy and I've wanted to get out but it's been raining on and off for the last few days. I really don't relish the idea of getting caught in a downpour or lightning storm on the mountain. That, and riding the trails when wet is poor form here with the damage done. Maybe Friday.
Made it back to my car just as it began to lightning, thunder & pour today, I got wet but not soaked. We have been fortunate with rain every few days but drying quickly. I think there has only been 2 days in the last 10 where it was too wet to ride, tomorrow may be a 3rd.

Timing is everything :ogbiggrin:

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
One of best views in fields south of my home town, with Slovenia capital Ljubljana barely seen over horizon :)
We were in Ljubljana a few years ago, we REALLY liked it there! Those mountains were calling me.

Yesterday I headed up some trails on Washington Pass, I kept going through the pain cave till I was able to get a very slight view of the snow..
IMG_6386.jpeg

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
I took car to service today, and yesterday I though it will be good idea to drop car at service at 8am and head back home with mtb. I mean it's going to be warm right? :ogbiggrin: Well I woke up today morning and my weather station was showing +0.5c... not really bike weather for my taste, but it was too late to arrange anything else, so I put some more winter like clothes on, throw bike in trunk of my car and drive to service. When going home, it was actually so good, I made some 20km detour through forest behind our house and it was pretty great ride before work, except that on those little downhills it felt sort of chilly :ogbiggrin:

20220922_084343.jpg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have serious missing out-ism. Covid got me, too and while I've turned a corner, holy moly am I weak! The body aches left late yesterday, and I woke up feeling good, until I got up and my legs were jelly. The best riding of the year is NOW and I'm hoping to feel well enough to get out there maybe on Sunday. This is definitely not "just a cold". It's much more flu-like, but a really weird flu.

0 stars--do not recommend!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I have serious missing out-ism. Covid got me, too and while I've turned a corner, holy moly am I weak! The body aches left late yesterday, and I woke up feeling good, until I got up and my legs were jelly. The best riding of the year is NOW and I'm hoping to feel well enough to get out there maybe on Sunday. This is definitely not "just a cold". It's much more flu-like, but a really weird flu.

Same here. Weird up and down fever, aches and pains, no runny nose, no cough, no sore throat really.. thought I was getting better seem to be getting worse again.. argghhh.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

Hope you both feel better soon!
Did you end up testing positive?
Maybe an easy ride Sunday?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Made it back to my car just as it began to lightning, thunder & pour today, I got wet but not soaked. We have been fortunate with rain every few days but drying quickly. I think there has only been 2 days in the last 10 where it was too wet to ride, tomorrow may be a 3rd.

Timing is everything :ogbiggrin:
My last ride (a couple days ago) ended in a bit or rain, too. It was a nice day, nonetheless.

IMG_20220921_105944551.jpg

Who's finger is that! ;-)

IMG_20220921_112919487.jpg

strava8743074311968510184.jpg

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier

It knocked me out in July. Took me a long time (4-6 weeks) to get back to 'normal'. I got VERY frustrated, which I WOULD NOT encourage. Take your time bouncing back, do what your body will let you not what you expect to be able to do.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_20220923_100457662.jpg

A delightful day in the golden forest.

strava8431956974009875604.jpg

Technically this photo is not from the ride. This morning's snow and 'glow' shot.

Screenshot_20220923-113017.png

I really like the Chantilly trail with its new beginning and finish. It starts as a fast zoomer and finishes as a first rate single track; very narrow. Clearly not too many people are riding the whole thing as I'd never be 3rd IN THE WORLD on this trail otherwise.

Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hope you both feel better soon!
Did you end up testing positive?
Maybe an easy ride Sunday?
I did test positive. I know @utskier will be up for a ride. I'm hoping to ride but can't guarantee I won't still be testing positive. That being said, my symptoms have all but disappeared during the day today! We'll probably test out a ride tomorrow. I have a feeling it'll be pretty rough, partly due to being a complete couch and bed potato all week.

@scott43, how weird (and awful) that it won't go away. I hope that doesn't happen here! My husband rebounded and has been fine since. My fever broke yesterday afternoon (sweaty!) and I've just gotten better and better since. I've had a mild cough the whole time that really hasn't been bothersome, but the body aches were off the charts. Hope you kick it for good soon.

I'm actually relieved to have finally caught it. I think it's inevitable for everyone and I've kind of been living in a state of "when will it finally catch us?" I've had way worse cases of the flu, and heck, the hand, foot and mouth my daughter gave me when she was 3 was worse :roflmao: Still, a rough few days here.

Will post bike pics (and hopefully fall colors!) if we get out this weekend.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I finally got out after several weeks of no riding between smoke, rain, travel, blisters, and life. I took a new trail called the Sierra Front trail which runs along the south foothills of Reno then connects to the Ballardini trail. It was uphill both ways. Of course, it was down hill both ways too.
Screenshot_20220923-162104_eBike Connect.jpg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I got dissed by Trailforks. It cut out what I know would be a top 20. Did it think I was cheating? No way I could loose gps on just that one trail.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Support got right back to me. I guess the data just disappeared.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Support got right back to me. I guess the data just disappeared.
Bummer.

Does anyone have problems when taking photos while recording with Strava? Most of the time I take a photo I have to restart Strava after it gives me an error message saying it crashed. It doesn't lose data if I remember to restart before I resume riding. Really annoying. This happens to me and a couple of friends. We all have different androids. Please, don't tell me to apple-up.

I'd like to hear from anyone with similar issues. I'm fed up and hope to get enough feedback to present my case to them.

strava7913323458030531967.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor