• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 New England Gathering discussion

What location is preferred?

• Killiington

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Saddleback

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Either

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I plan to be there and will be bringing along TheArchitect Junior to his first Gathering.
What do you mean, "there"? This thread is only an hour old. There is no there there! :)

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What do you mean, "there"? This thread is only an hour old. There is no there there! :)

Assuming we're not holding it at Crotched or similar then I plan to be there regardless of location. It's been too long.

How many of us are also going to Aspen? I'm sure that will have an impact on dates.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We going to Saddleback?
That should hold attendance to around a half dozen.

Saddleback and Sugarloaf? I've never been to either so that would be fun. If not there I'd vote for Stowe and Sugarbush again.

Kevin really is slacking on this thread. As Tony said, it's already been an hour!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Saddleback and Sugarloaf? I've never been to either so that would be fun. If not there I'd vote for Stowe and Sugarbush again.

Kevin really is slacking on this thread. As Tony said, it's already been an hour!
Kevin is having a hurricane at the moment. Give him a break.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
NEG is always late. It’s for the ones still going.
What’s the big rush anyway?
We could have restrictions again the way things are going.
We really should do Saddleback…

No rush here and you're right about the restrictions. I'm trying to be positive and not worrying about Aspen or the NEG with COVID

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Perhaps we could gather earlier? Can still gather in March. Have Ikon, will travel.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Watching... Saddleback looked nice..and it's close to Wildcat and Sugarloaf. And we may be able to pull off a ski trip this year if Covid stays manageable.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I vote for Saddleback.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
As much as I would like to check out Saddleback my vote would be Killington. We had a fairly large group planning to attend there last season. I would bet most of them would be interested for this season. I have no problem with and might attend a Saddleback micro gathering.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I'm here, I'm here!

I haven't really thought about next year's NEG yet, except it's either going to be at either Saddleback / Sugarloaf or at Killington / Pico. Saddleback to anywhere else (Sunday River, Wildcat, etc.) is a two-plus hour drive on summer roads for a destination that's already "you can't get theyah from heah".

I'm planning on the Aspen gathering. The NEG has lately been "end of March" timeframe, although a Maine-based gathering could be pushed later. As @Tony S has mentioned several times -- Spring comes late to Maine.

The covid cancelled gathering was to Killington -- the roll call for that event far exceeded the attendance at other gatherings. Based on that, I was leaning towards Killington in 2022 and Saddleback in 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online