• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 New England Gathering Trip Report

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
The 2022 NEG begins shortly and the attendance is set to dwarf any previous NEG event. Not too late to join us! However, if you can't join us, all the fun, pictures, etc. will be memorialized here. Except for the "what happens in Killington stays in Killington" stuff. ;)

Safe travels everyone!

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The 2022 NEG begins shortly and the attendance is set to dwarf any previous NEG event. Not too late to join us! However, if you can't join us, all the fun, pictures, etc. will be memorialized here. Except for the "what happens in Killington stays in Killington" stuff. ;)

Safe travels everyone!
As an east coast skier living in NJ with a full time job that requires I go to the office every day, I'm excited to hit the NEG for day 31, 32, 33 with mostly VT skiing. Season 2021/22 has been one of the best yet!!! Looking forward to meeting you all.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Should I be getting my shovels back out of the shed? Just one of them? What is the best shovel location for spring skiing?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Should I be getting my shovels back out of the shed? Just one of them? What is the best shovel location for spring skiing?
I find the best place for my shovels when spring skiing is leading the way down a soft groomer or bumps, with the rest of my skis, and me, following along.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Checked into my hotel, and got a look at the mountain. Things continue to go well, except for a minor mishap with cutting my sock open and nicking my toe when sliding my skis out of my case.

Anyone looking to meet up for dinner tonight?

TS
KevinF

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Checked into my hotel, and got a look at the mountain. Things continue to go well, except for a minor mishap with cutting my sock open and nicking my toe when sliding my skis out of my case.

Anyone looking to meet up for dinner tonight?

You have 10 toes (assuming you have the normal set that most people are born with). I'm sure you can afford to lose one. You have nine extras.

On the bright side, your luggage arrived, so you're already off to a better start than you were at Aspen!

:ogbiggrin:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You have 10 toes (assuming you have the normal set that most people are born with). I'm sure you can afford to lose one. You have nine extras.

On the bright side, your luggage arrived, so you're already off to a better start than you were at Aspen!

:ogbiggrin:
All EXCELLENT points! :D

James

Out There
Instructor
except for a minor mishap with cutting my sock open and nicking my toe when sliding my skis out of my case.
Putting that in the negative column on the Sport Tube ledger. Is Tony with you? That would explain it. Also the coming rain.

Sorry on the dinner, will be in NYC.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Mistakenly posted pre-gathering day pics in the other thread. Sorry.

As a consolation, here area couple of restaurant pics from today. One is an amusing wall in the bathroom this morning at Three Mountain Cafe in Irasville. Other is the magical combination of OG Long Trail Ale and Guinness at McGrath's pub in Killington just now. PXL_20220331_225009238.MP-01.jpeg PXL_20220331_115629009.MP-01.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online