2022 Nordica Speedmachine 3 130S: Not your old Speedmachine.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nordica-Speedmachine-130-SkiTalk-ski-boots-slider.jpg
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article 2022 Nordica Speedmachine 3 130S: Not your old Speedmachine.. Please add to the discussion here.

SkiMcP

At the junction of 89 & 93
Skier
Thoughts on the flex adjuster? My current boot is a circa 2008-2009 Speedmachine 14 that has a soft (120) / hard (130) flex selector that I've never been able to make stay in the "hard" position. The idea of a relatively easy flex adjustment is great - but does it work?

bbbradley

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thoughts on the flex adjuster? My current boot is a circa 2008-2009 Speedmachine 14 that has a soft (120) / hard (130) flex selector that I've never been able to make stay in the "hard" position. The idea of a relatively easy flex adjustment is great - but does it work?
Hah!! I had the same boot and the same problem. I scrapped them for Head Raptor 140.

I was happy with the Nordicas, despite that minor issue. TBH, I never noticed one bit of difference regardless of the soft/hard setting.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not really. Besides a 08-09 boot? At this point it is worn out. Time to start looking.

SkiMcP

At the junction of 89 & 93
Skier
That's the idea - look and pay attention to my skiing so I can be a good boot-fitter customer next fall. Liners never packed out, I have three year old custom footbeds (replaced the original super-fret insoles I bought when the boots were new - not the OEM "footbed") and I replaced the rubber lugs for binding safety reasons before last season. Am hoping not to have to buy new boots this year because of the supply shortage - I have a common foot-size so not going to luck into anything. Is the age of the plastic making enough of a performance (or safety) difference that I "need" to replace this year?