• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Nordica Speedmachine 3 130S: Not your old Speedmachine.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
boots use our True Flex PU, which maintains its flex characteristics across a wide range of temperatures (think -20°C/-4°F to 20°C/68°F). This means that the boot doesn't get overly soft in warm conditions nor incredibly stiff in cold conditions. However, this consistent flex in both warm and cold conditions comes with a trade off - the plastic is stiffer at room temperature and a little harder to put on vs. a regular PU boot.
right, light weight with stable stiffness at a wide range of temps was the appeal of Pebax touring boots, downside, is difficult to punch and hold the punched out shape, now with newer plastics I see Pebax used mainly in cuffs.
-

The Speedmachines have a different plastic on one side of the lower clog's instep area and this helps.
as do my Tecnica Zero G touring boots

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
X-Posted from Phil's thread on this boot:

Just a heads up that starting this 22/23 season, Nordica is no longer including the DIN soles. They must be purchased separately.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And confirming that removing these boots in the parking lot yesterday was only mildly challenging.

Six degrees F at that time, and had been skiing for 6 hours.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Swapped over to a set of DIN soles yesterday. Easy, and seemed like a good, solid, interlocking interface with the boot.

This will let me ski a few old favorites that still hang in the garage (Motive 95s, Nordica Firearrows, and Head Titans -- autographed by AJ Kitt, no less!).