• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Nordica Wild Belle 84

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: Wild Belle isn't a new name for Nordica, but this all-new design and construction is where the rubber meets the road -- literally. Nordica included a layer of rubber between the two wood cores, giving this ski a uniquely smooth feel that makes it stand out in a class where there are so many 84mm skis. In fact, I encountered some early-season marbled icy conditions that this construction actually made enjoyable.

I was also excited to see Nordica shorten the system binding plate, allowing the ski to flex evenly no matter what length you're skiing on. This binding setup along with the ski's turn shape make this ski incredibly balanced and extremely engaging, with a sweet spot that opens up more of the mountain to a lot of women looking for a daily driver that carves nicely and makes unstable terrain seem like no big deal. I guess if I had to use one word to describe this ski, it would be "effortless." There is a lot of power in the Wilde Belle at this price point.

Insider tip: If you're looking for a playful ski, check out the Santa Ana 84.​

Who is it for?
The woman looking for a daily driver that inspires confidence.
Who is it not for?
Powder seekers.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
144, 150, 156, 162, 168
Dimensions
133-84-122
Radius
14.5m@168cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. System

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update:
It had been awhile since I'd skied the Wild Belle 84, but the conditions were prime for it and we were headed to Mt Rose to ski with a crew from SkiTalk.
One of the things that I was quicly reminded of from my previous experiences is just how easy going this ski is. We were finding lots of chalky wind buff everywhere on the mountain which was perfect testing ground for a ski like the Wild Belle 84. There is such a big sweet spot that it's almost as if you're using active cruise control, yet when I was trying to chase Phil down, I was able to give it a little more push and the Wild Belle didn't brake.
This is a ski that can make you feel like the Belle of the Ball.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tricia would this be a good ski for someone who is returning from a serious leg injury? I am a Nordica gal and I'm seriously considering it.

The problem is that I doubt that I will be demoing skis before I get back to skiing. For example, if I were skiing this season I could demo it after my new season pass kicks in at Mammoth. But I probably want to start next winter with a ski like this one.

I am also looking for suggestions about other skis which are light, forgiving, and stable.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia would this be a good ski for someone who is returning from a serious leg injury? I am a Nordica gal and I'm seriously considering it.

The problem is that I doubt that I will be demoing skis before I get back to skiing. For example, if I were skiing this season I could demo it after my new season pass kicks in at Mammoth. But I probably want to start next winter with a ski like this one.

I am also looking for suggestions about other skis which are light, forgiving, and stable.
Yes. Its a great combo of easy going but strong enough.
It's not super light but also not the heaviest ski I've been on.

When looking for light and forgiving you may give up a little stability.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks, not sure if I want to sacrifice stability. I welcome your feedback on possible candidates for me to ski next season.

Sponsor