• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Rossignol Black Ops Escaper

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Rossignol is hitting it out of the park with its Black Ops collection, and the volume leader could very well be the 94mm Escaper. Soft-snow-biased skis in the mid-90s are getting a good amount of attention this season, so the Escaper that will be flying first off of the ski wall.

I would say the Escaper is the most versatile of the Black Ops. At 94 mm underfoot combined with only 10 mm of tip-to-tail taper, it is the quickest and most playful of the collection. This is the ski that the Experience 94 wanted to be. With its wider tail, the Escaper does expect your attention; it rewards skiers with good technique but won't punish those who are still improving. If you get your weight back, it will remind you -- and quickly.

Insider tip: No, the names don’t make sense. Get past it, because these skis rip. While it is available with a system binding, please don't go there; a Pivot 15 Raw is the proper choice.​
Wade Holiday: This ski surprised me. I haven’t bonded with a Rossi in years, but this one has a different feel. It is a bit more damp and solid than I expected, with a great preferred turn shape in both carved and blended turns and a friendly but encouraging tip. It holds well through most of the turn in the scraped-out snow. The only thing I'm not so sure about is that the tail releases a more abruptly than I planned sometimes. I think the tail profile is meant to be a bit more “slashy” than I am.

Insider tip: Length seems true; mount point feels good, albeit a tad forward.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Stronger skiers who like a ski that can finish a turn.
Who is it not for?
Lighter finesse skiers could get bounced around; the Escaper has a backbone. The overly analytical or opinionated.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Moguls
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad