• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Rossignol Black Ops Rallybird Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: I was fortunate to have the Black Ops Rallybird Ti in my long-term test lineup, but unfortunately the weather and early closure of the season hindered the opportunity to ski this beauty. First, the graphics blow me away. The top sheet is gorgeous, but I have to be honest, I was a little intimidated by the stiffness and wondered if the Rallybird would suit me better than the Rallybird Ti. After a long wait for the right conditions, I finally got a chance to ski the Rallybird Ti at Grand Targhee in some leftover stashes of snow and wind-buffed chop. This ski took on some challenging snow like a voracious teenager and came back to ask for more. It didn't take me long to figure out that all I needed to do was initiate the turn and trust the ski. When dipping into a few powder stashes, this ski rallied like a champ and breathed life into my legs. I literally skied to last chair and wished I could take one more run. Those earlier thoughts I had about this ski being too much for me were long gone.

Long-term update: When 13 in. of snow fell on Mt Rose, I had the opportunity to get on the Rallybird Ti in the conditions for which she's made. In typical fashion, the fresh snow was tracked out and choppy. It took me less than one run to remember why this ski inspired me to ski to last chair back in February at Targhee. Chopped up snow? No problem. Sierra moguls? No problem. Thirteen inches of fresh? Please! I felt an unflappable stability in every condition today's Sierra powder served up and would likely have stayed out for more if I didn't have an appointment to get to. This is just a solid ski that instills confidence and puts a smile on my face.​
Elemmac: Wahoo! The Rallybird Ti was a huge surprise. This Rossignol wasn't on my test list, but thanks to @Philpug’s suggestion, I gave it a try. The Rallybird Ti is playful and poppy and tenacious and gritty. The more room you give it, the more room it wants to run. Out on groomers, they are a bit sluggish rolling onto edge. As expected, these are on the stiffer side due to the layer of Ti, yet when they are worked, they have an energy that truly comes alive.

Insider tip: A lighter or less aggressive skier might better appreciate the non-Ti version.​

Awards
Who is it for?
The skier who wants a powerful ski that is ready to take on challenging terrain and powder.
Who is it not for?
Someone looking for a finesse in a ski. Those who lack creativity in their skiing.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Off Piste
  2. Trees
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
163, 171, 178
Dimensions
137-102-127
Radius
16m@171cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Flat

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: After a long awaited huge dump in the Sierra, we finally got to hit the slopes, this time with some fatties. While 102 under foot may not seem like a fatty to some, its usually the width of choice for me. The Rallybird Ti is such a strong ski for this category which is just perfect when the powder you're slaying is less than champagne light. I got a late start to the day so the fresh tracks were limited and deep cut up crud was prime. In fact, we took our warm up run through some moguls. Once again the Rallybird Ti blew away the chop and made me feel like I was sailing through fress snow.
This just proves when the Sierra gets nearly 10' of snow and the resorts finally open back up, this ski is a girls best friend.

Sponsor