• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 Rossignol Experience Teaser

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am feeling like Jimi Hendrix with the most recent shipment...I am feeling Experienced.

IMG_4359.jpeg

(L-R) Black Ops Escaper, Experience 86Ti, Experience 82Ti​

Finish...
IMG_4358.jpeg

Rossi has been really stepping up their game.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Does the consumer get that grind straight from the plastic? If not it's surely irrelevant to the brand?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does the consumer get that grind straight from the plastic? If not it's surely irrelevant to the brand?
I was told that will be the factory structure for the Experiences.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Nice work if it is. About time manufacturers gave consumers the ski they've paid for not something that needs another $60+ in prep.

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
I was pleasantly surprised that my 2020 Ex88s had a pretty solid tune from the wrapper with a similar grind pattern on the base.

Last edited:

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Not sure if it's right place, but I don't think there's much need to open new thread just for that.
I guess it's finally time to mount my new Rossi Escaper, which will replace my super light Seek7. Anyone with some personal experience about mounting point for this ski?
It's going to be ski for spring and hardsnow ski touring and for steep stuff where I prefer something more narrow then 106mm. So always for up on skis/foot and not with lifts. I normally prefer mounting off piste skis at least 1 or 2cm behind normal mount point as with my way of skiing (I prefer to stay forward even off piste :) ski still floats in powder this way, even if it gets some weight on front part of ski. I know skinning is a bit harder due back mounting, but I can live with that.
As for binding, I'm still not sure if I should keep ultralight Look version of Dynafit Speed turn 2, or I should put ATK Freeride 14, which is a bit heavier, but seems to be holding more then light and not too strong Speed turn. And if matters skis are 186cm.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have the 186 and was on them last year, I don’t ever fart around with the mount, I always take the factory line.
The skis to me seem to ski fast.When you go from cut up snow to packed snow they seem to really accelerate which I think is why you hear people say they will punish you if you are back.
I like to ski the middle/back of all my skis so I have to pay more attention when I’m on hard pak, which I don’t like to do, I like to look around for things and terrain I can have fun with.
I’ve always really liked your stuff and I hope you comment on them for good or not so good.
Of course I’m on the stock SPX12 with the color combo that matches the ski.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Viking9 thats for comment. Off piste I'm not super demanding person... for on piste that's whole different story. I guess that's reason why I'm still happy with Soul7 for my main touring ski and Super RD for lift assisted powder. Even old Seek7 was just fine ski for me, except it was really a bit too light and therfore way too soft. Escaper seems to be better when it comes to this, at least when I try them with hand, but I hope I can be able to see that on snow real soon :)

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
About the flex , the Escapers really feel stiff when you hand flex them even more than my React 10s that I use as my frontside ripper.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just put the Experience 86 Ti back to back with a Fischer Motive 86 they are very similar. For anybody that misses their old motive this is your ski.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
EXP 86 vs. ENF 88 Cage Match?!

Love my Enforcer 88s but I'd like them even more if they "pulled" across the hill a bit more eagerly, when initiating a carve.

If that meant a little less easy going off piste, oh well, I would adjust.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
EXP 86 vs. ENF 88 Cage Match?!

Love my Enforcer 88s but I'd like them even more if they "pulled" across the hill a bit more eagerly, when initiating a carve.

If that meant a little less easy going off piste, oh well, I would adjust.
I'd say an Experience 86 Ti vs RC One GT 86...

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
What the heck is going on that you can’t get the 86 flat.
None on the Rossi web site.
Why would I want to be that high on a soft snow ski ?????
Phil ???

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I just put the Experience 86 Ti back to back with a Fischer Motive 86 they are very similar. For anybody that misses their old motive this is your ski.

What the heck is going on that you can’t get the 86 flat.
None on the Rossi web site.
Why would I want to be that high on a soft snow ski ?????
Phil ???
Phil's comparison does not make me think "soft snow ski." I spent a day on the Motion 86. For me it was definitely a wide carver. (Much more so than the RC One 86, btw.)

Sponsor

Staff online