• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored 2022 Ski Comparison Series with SkiEssentials.com

https://www.skiessentials.com/

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love your reviews, thanks.

The one line that jumped out at me from the mid-80s comparison: “The Evolv 84 is one of the quietest skis we’ve ever tested.”

Quite a statement!

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another great offering from @SkiEssentials, thanks! This latest group of frontside skis has so many that I covet (esp. the Stockli Laser SC), and some that sound great that were not on my radar (the Dynastar Speed 963) Only wish @Blossom Skis were included in the reviews. I understand why not, but maybe next year!

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Watched the full 80 minute presentation of the 2022 Women's All-Mountain Ski Comparison with Josh and Alley. Am not looking for new skis and unlike some on the board don't ever get to ski different skis. But I do own the 2020 Santa Ana 88's in 165cm.

So watched for the educational aspects of a ski format presentation that works well with Josh picking up skis while talking in ways an expert would. Each segment also nicely has videos of different women skiing that because of my similar light weight works better than with normal sized men skiing. Thus understand current ski terminology clearer now since much otherwise tends to be vague without visuals. And could tell Alley liked the 2022 Santa Ana's as one of the versatile all mountain skis along with the Black Pearl.

Thanks @SkiEssentials, well done!

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
@SSSdave I think the guy's Jeff not Josh. I watched this too because it provides good insight to Jeff's knowledge of ski materials, construction, shape and Allie's on snow impressions. Pretty interesting video. I came away with the same impression that Allie favored the Santa Ana and Black Pearl; 2 skis my wife really likes. For a lighter guy another category that could work is park skis. My oldest is nearing 18 and 135 lbs and he can bend something like a Line Pandora, Santa Ana of just about any park ski. My wife and I share the same bsl so maybe we can trade my Enforcer 88 with her Santa Ana 93 and see how that goes; always wanted to do that.

Sponsor

Staff online