• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2022 SkiTalk LIVE w/ Dan Egan Episode 1

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
1280x1280-2022-XL-BURIED-September-28-SkiTalk-SKI-TALK-Dan-Egan-Pugliese.jpeg

We would first like to introduce this episode of SkiTalk LIVE's sponsor CB Sports. CB Sports is part of the Vertical Brands Group that will be sponsoring the 2022 series.

This first episode will be with the film makers of the award winning movie Buried, about the 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche. Along with announcing the winning designs from the Noso Contest and also the start of our first SkiTalk Fall Giveaway.

Tune in to SkiTalk's pages on Facebook, LinkedIn or YouTube on Wed 9/28/22 8:00 EST-5:00 PST​

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We're live!

Don't miss it! This will be a good one.
See you there!

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Just done watching…
Bravo!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Good show! Buried is going to be a great movie.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Good show! Buried is going to be a great movie.
Yes, hits close to home as I was in the area during the storm. I was 26yo & my first active day as a PSIA examiner trainee at Sq Palisades. It was snowing so hard Searchlight was the only lift open & it was waist deep.
l spent the afternoon with Stu Campbell packing snow in the beginner area so candidates could demonstrate wedge turns.
I was staying with a friend at Homewood and by day two I could not get my 4WD car to the highway so I hitchhiked to Tahoe city. Met up with Stu and Peter Duke at Rosie’s Café & by the time we left for the mountain hwy 89 had closed due to an unprecedented avalanche between Tahoe City & Alpine. I hitchhiked back to Homewood where I was stuck snowed in for the next three days. It snowed at least 10 feet and all we did was shovel snow. It wasn’t till I got back home in SLT that news of the tragedy at Alpine began to trickle in. The friend I was staying with in Homewood was a coach/instructor at Alpine and by now was part of the crew shoveling out the Summit building looking for victims. I think it was day five when they found Anna Conrad still alive.
The memories of that time and the storm will always remain fresh for me!

Edit: We resumed the exam later in the Spring at Alpine. I remember they had dug a pit to the ground above one of the lift towers on Alpine Bowl Chair to prevent snow creep from bending the tower, seemed like the hole was 50' deep. We skied till 4th of July there in 82', soo much snow!

Last edited:

slidingmike

Going downhill fast...
Skier
This was a really excellent talk, thank you for sharing this with us. I saw the movie in SF this last weekend, and it was so powerful and well told. And the tributes to Hilaree were wonderful as well.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a link for the current showing of Buried. I have read that they may add additional theaters and also (not sure about this) that it will be released on Amazon at some point.

I have met Anna Conrad and this is an incredible story.