• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sponsored 2022 Stöckli Laser AR Review

https://www.skiessentials.com/

James

Out There
Instructor
“BMW M5”

Was this shot the first week of April?

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good review, you guys were very thorough on describing this ski. I would like to add my 2 cents on mount point. Stockli seems to choose mount point to maximize high speed stability in their Laser series. Most owners on this site move the mount 1-3 cm forward and find the ski turns quicker and makes a shorter radius turn. I was advised to NOT mount on the factory line. I tried my laser AX (183cm) mounted on the factory line and forward as much as 4 cm. I settled on +2cm as my preferred spot. I would disagree with Bob's statement on factory line. Its a personal preference, agreed, but I think it would be most accurate to say Stockli factory line emphasizes high speed stability and not carving ability. Their mount point tolerance is pretty wide for these skis and you can tailor the ski's behavior by moving the mount point. Its very different than a ski that has a preferred mount point and skis worse on either side of it.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah, dubious “Stockli engineers” or “wcup testers” are adamant about mount point, or truly believe a 1.4 deg base bevel is really the path to performance. It’s like putting marshmellow tires on the M5

Sponsor